Optimus IV 15.6"

rich0dify

Chassis & Display
Optimus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (1 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD SCORPIO BLUE WD10JPVT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 8MB CACHE (5400 rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
2nd/3rd HDD HARD DRIVE OPTICAL BAY CADDY
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH

Price: £817.00 including VAT and delivery.

This laptop cannot come sooner, I've got upgrades for it sitting burning a hole through my desk - 3x8Gb of Crucial, 2xSamsung 830 128Gb... It's going to be such a beast. ;_;

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
When did you order it? Theres quite a few of us waiting on Optimus models because they've been very popular it seems.

71jamesj

Just ordered a very similar laptop yesterday! Was wondering what made you say you think it will take almost a month for it to come, when lead times are 8-10 days? Do you know something I dont?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered a very similar laptop yesterday! Was wondering what made you say you think it will take almost a month for it to come, when lead times are 8-10 days? Do you know something I dont?

The lead times are 8 - 10 working days now, so roughly 2 weeks on average. However a month ago we had a stock shortage which is why some orders took longer.

71jamesj

The lead times are 8 - 10 working days now, so roughly 2 weeks on average. However a month ago we had a stock shortage which is why some orders took longer.

Great, thanks, can you confirm there isn't a shortage anymore? I am hoping for the 8 days build and dispatch!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Great, thanks, can you confirm there isn't a shortage anymore? I am hoping for the 8 days build and dispatch!

It is unlikely that you will receive your order in 8 days time. Orders are currently taking 8 - 10 working days, therefore (given that you are on your second working day) I would imagine a dispatch around 19th October. We will of course try to dispatch all orders as quickly as possible.

Please note that this is an estimate - we do not guarantee delivery dates. :)

71jamesj

It is unlikely that you will receive your order in 8 days time. Orders are currently taking 8 - 10 working days, therefore (given that you are on your second working day) I would imagine a dispatch around 19th October. We will of course try to dispatch all orders as quickly as possible.

Please note that this is an estimate - we do not guarantee delivery dates. :)

Is there anything that can be done to get it dispatched on the 18th? Or if I was to collect on the 19th (if it was ready) whereabouts would I collect from?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If it hasn't been built by 15th, please post back here and we'll see how far along the order has moved.

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered mine 7 days before you did and mine was just built today, you might still have a bit of wait ahead of you.

godsie

I ordered mine on 24 Sept currently 16 working days

I am still in pre production as well spoke with live chat who have said hopefully looking at next couple of days to be built. I too would like to know where in the queue I am if at all possible

71jamesj

I feel for you guys who have been waiting this long! I'm very impatient especially when it comes to something as exciting as my new laptop! Was really hoping I could have it by Friday - would even drive to collect. Perhaps I'm asking too much.

godsie

I would be very interested to know as well seeing as mine is in pre production phase still at 17 working days !! sounds like I need to contact PCS again! obviously not clearing the backlog in my case! still no info

Last edited:

rich0dify

Just been chatting with the live support, guestimated time to go into production is Friday, so yeah.. looks like me taking a few days off work to set up and play with my new laptop were completely in vain. I'm probably looking at next Friday at the very earliest.

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
I'm suprised yours still hasnt been built beceause we ordered them at the same time, and mine was built yesterday and is now awaiting dispatch :/

godsie

I have just emailed and am waiting on live support. I am trying very hard not to be upset or complaining as I feel PCS gave me very good service with my desktop and I feel their computers are top notch and very reliable - but I am getting slightly frustrated now at least some info if other components are out of stock on my order - but still feel completely in the dark. I am due to go away this week and feel very down now "no light at the end of this tunnel!

The contents of this thread do make me think should I be making more of a fuss to get my order moving!!

Last edited:

godsie

update spoken with live chat

apparently they are working hard to clear backlog

mine is "printed for production today" apparently and aim for despatch in 2 working days

has cheered me up a bit