Optimus IV turnout time.

godsie

good to hear RichyJ91 not too long for you then hopefully mine not too far away then - I spoke again to live chat today - says hoping to be built in next few days

OPtimus 15.6 in
Order date 24th Sept
Pre production
16 working Days (Total 22 days)

Last edited:

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
Yours should be almost immediately after mine because I ordered on the 22nd (which was a friday I think) so my first working day was the 24th, making it the same as yours.

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
I did, yeah. I'd asked on Live Chat this morning and they said it would be built today and shipped in 48 hours so fingers crossed I should get it on or by Friday, don't really wanna wait until the following week.

I've only been in pre-production for 5 days and I'm getting impatient so can imagine how much worse it is for you... thanks for keeping us updated, appreciate we're not the only ones in this situation!

Last edited:

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
The sooner the better seeing as they have stock now, and might not later. Surely you can just put it away until Christmas?

Pagey

Bright Spark
I'm actually going to do that now, I'll be ordering on thursday, might even get them to hold it for me for a while.

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
Order Date : 22-09-2012
Pre-Production Date : 25-09-2012
Build Date : 15-10-2012
Test Date : 16-10-2012
Awaiting Dispatch Date : 16-10-2012

:D

godsie

congrats Richy your laptop will be with you soon - and will be well worth the wait

hopefully not too long for me
preproduction date 24th Sept
17 working days (preproduction)

Last edited:

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
That's great :) you should get it tomorrow.

Fingers crossed, it happens to be my day off uni/work ;)

Slightly worried that the laptop went from building to awaiting dispatch almost immediately (6 minutes between emails) but I guess thats just the way its status is updated on the site? I suppose it isn't totally "live" afterall...

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Fingers crossed, it happens to be my day off uni/work ;)

Slightly worried that the laptop went from building to awaiting dispatch almost immediately (6 minutes between emails) but I guess thats just the way its status is updated on the site? I suppose it isn't totally "live" afterall...

I wouldn't worry, your laptop should have being fully tested. There might be a delay when updating your order.

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
Text from DPD, arriving tomorrow. The whole process is very quick, its only the pre-production thats been a pain but that was due to unfortunate stock circumstances.

godsie

woo hoo some progress got email saying it has been built and in testing phase

Optimus 15.6in
Order date 24th September
status system built and will be entering testing phase
estimate dispatch 2 days
17 working days

Koronaris

I see the % of orders dispatched within timescales is down and average is nearly 19 days now...mmm:( Does anybody know what the problem do they have?
Sad to realize I'm only on 8th working day, still pre-production.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I see the % of orders dispatched within timescales is down and average is nearly 19 days now...mmm:( Does anybody know what the problem do they have?
Sad to realize I'm only on 8th working day, still pre-production.

It's because all the older orders that were waiting for the Optimus IV chassis are now being dispatched, therefore increasing the calculated average lead time. In actual reality, orders are now going out much quicker than this.