Optimus IV turnout time.

I see the % of orders dispatched within timescales is down and average is nearly 19 days now...mmm:( Does anybody know what the problem do they have?
Sad to realize I'm only on 8th working day, still pre-production.

I'm on my 7th day and eager too but rather they build/test it well then rush it out the door. There's a few threads explaining the delay, worth a read around.

Koronaris

It's because all the older orders that were waiting for the Optimus IV chassis are now being dispatched, therefore increasing the calculated average lead time. In actual reality, orders are now going out much quicker than this.
Thanks for answering, that sounds very promising:yes:.

Last edited:

Koronaris

I'm on my 7th day and eager too but rather they build/test it well then rush it out the door. There's a few threads explaining the delay, worth a read around.

I've read all the threads regarding Optimus delay before posting the comment, but when I've checked this morning the average is about 19 days:sweatdrop:, I thought it must be something I don't know about it, so worth asking:yes:. In fact the answer from PCS makes it all clear now.

In case you guys haven't noticed, there's a couple of pre-configured optimus IV in the 'need it fast next day delivery' section. You can't customize those, though. For those who's already ordered, you probably has to wait.

godsie

update on my order
tested and dispatched today for delivery tomorrow
Order Date 24: Sept
18 working Days
Dispatched today

:D:D

LinearLux

Bronze Level Poster
Damn, mine was supposed to go into building today :( contacted the Online Support last week. Yet, to no avail it's still on PP :p

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
I've read all the threads regarding Optimus delay before posting the comment, but when I've checked this morning the average is about 19 days

Dont worry! Thats only because a lot of us placed orders when they had no stock, hence the delay. Once the stock was back in, mine took 7 days to get to me.

conscu

Order date: 2nd October
working days: 12

Went into building a few hours ago! :D

Most likely delivery on Tuesday

eoinzy

Oops! I should have checked in here before I ordered my Optimus IV.
I only bought it on the 17th. I suspect I won't get it now until well into November! :(

Oops! I should have checked in here before I ordered my Optimus IV.
I only bought it on the 17th. I suspect I won't get it now until well into November! :(

They've had a bit of backlog to churn though, but I from what I've read and received from PCS is that they're back on track now. Just drop them a line or give them a call if you're worried...

junbai

Optimus 17 inch
Order date: 6/10/12

Dispatched today, 11 working days.

Looks like the backlog has pretty much cleared up.

Kyzer

Any idea if i order mine today whether it will be there by the 14th november at the latest? As that is when i leave england for a few months.. Or can someone shove me in the right direction of who to ask?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Any idea if i order mine today whether it will be there by the 14th november at the latest? As that is when i leave england for a few months.. Or can someone shove me in the right direction of who to ask?

Yes, it's very likely that if you order today it will be with you before 14th November. :)

Koronaris

Optimus IV 17.3"
Dispatched yesterday, so it's on the way and hope to test it today.
12 working days.
Thanks to Tom Davies and the team, I didn't ask the name actually but I think it was him on the phone according to the history list, helping to make changes in the last minute, even if I was charged a bit extra;) silly me:)

It's finally here! DPD slightly late but that's fine... currently getting it setup, had a slight panic when I couldn't find the license key only to realise it was stuck to the bottom of the laptop :D It's taken all in all 12 days and so far I'm happy with it... I will post up a few after a few days of use...