Optimus Series: 17.3" - INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As well as the above, it would be worth booting into safe mode to see if it registers the touchpad there. It'll be a generic driver but hopefully it will work.

Thanos

@Nursemorph Thank you for your time and suggestion but unfortunately as displayed below no touchpad devices appeared.

Untitled4.png

@Scott Thank you for your suggestion but booting in Safe Mode didn't do the trick either :(

@ubuysa Thank you for your reply. I did reboot with no extrernal devices and still no touchpad.

I re-installed windows because I have a Windows Home licence and the laptop came with the Pro version. I tried to just add my Home version key but didn't worked so I had to do a Format to re-install the Windows Home version in order to activate Windows. I tried everything else before the format to activate the Windows but nothing worked.

Please find below the requested screeshot. I ran the command twice the first one is with my wireless mouse attached and the second one without.

Untitled3.png

Hope the above helps in order to solve this nightmare!

Again thanks everybody for your time..

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The PowerShell commands only report on your Logitech wireless mouse, not the touchpad. The VID_046D&PID_C52B identify the device as a Logitech wireless mouse - this is why I asked you to run those commands. Thus Windows is definitely not seeing the touchpad.

Can you boot the Windows install DVD (or USB stick) and see whether the touchpad works in that environment? The Windows install system uses a completely different version of Windows (called the Windows Recovery Environment, or Windows RE). If the touchpad works there then it's a Windows issue, if it doesn't then that would suggest a hardware issue...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Weird...it's showing 2 mice attached...one your USB mouse and the other one would be the Trackpad mouse. Your first screenshot of Device Manager was only showing one. But as to why it won't work is a different matter.

In Device Manager, did you right click on the first of the 2 HID - Mouse entries and try updating driver? The mouse symbol for it looks greyed out
No it's not. :) There are two entries for the same Logitech mouse (the VID & PID are the same).

In the first case, one has a status of OK and that's the one that's plugged in. The other has a status og Unknown and that's there from when the wireless mouse was plugged into a different USB port.

In the second case both show a status of Unknown because the Logitech mouse wasn't plugged in at all.

It's not seeing the touch pad at all. :)

Thanos

The PowerShell commands only report on your Logitech wireless mouse, not the touchpad. The VID_046D&PID_C52B identify the device as a Logitech wireless mouse - this is why I asked you to run those commands. Thus Windows is definitely not seeing the touchpad.

Can you boot the Windows install DVD (or USB stick) and see whether the touchpad works in that environment? The Windows install system uses a completely different version of Windows (called the Windows Recovery Environment, or Windows RE). If the touchpad works there then it's a Windows issue, if it doesn't then that would suggest a hardware issue...

I tried and booted from my USB and again no luck with the touchpad. I'm conviced that this is not a hardware issue for two reasons.
1) It was working great before the format and I had the laptop for about 2-3 hours until I did the format. After the format I had to download and install every single driver for all around stuff like bluetooth,SD card reader, Wi-Fi etc.
2) When I double-tap the top left corner to enable and disable the touchpad, a message appears at the top left corner of my screen that displays "Touchpad On" / "Touchpad Off"

There is a chance I messed something up during the format because I saw too many disk partitions.

Currently this laptop has 1 M.2 ssd and 1 SSD drive. I saw 5 partitions but I only formated 3 of the 5 partitions because I wasn't sure.

I'm lost!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I tried and booted from my USB and again no luck with the touchpad. I'm conviced that this is not a hardware issue for two reasons.
1) It was working great before the format and I had the laptop for about 2-3 hours until I did the format. After the format I had to download and install every single driver for all around stuff like bluetooth,SD card reader, Wi-Fi etc.
2) When I double-tap the top left corner to enable and disable the touchpad, a message appears at the top left corner of my screen that displays "Touchpad On" / "Touchpad Off"

There is a chance I messed something up during the format because I saw too many disk partitions.

Currently this laptop has 1 M.2 ssd and 1 SSD drive. I saw 5 partitions but I only formated 3 of the 5 partitions because I wasn't sure.

I'm lost!
If its not working with Windows RE either then it's hardware. Are you sure the touchpad isn't switched off by a function key or similar?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If it's not working during the windows install then it's a hardware issue. It's either disabled or broken.

Thanos

@ubuysa @Scott If it's hardware related how can you explain the fact that when I double-tap the touchpads top left corner it sends the command to the sofware that controls the F1-F12 functions and a message appears on screen? Isn't that totaly weird?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Unfortunately, without the laptop in my hands, it's impossible for me to even guess as to what the problem is.

If you are indeed following the instructions correctly and understand what we are referring to with Windows RE.... if it's not working, it's either disabled or broken.

We can only suggest re-enabling it, which I'm guessing you have tried every variation of (including BIOS?) or sending it in to be assessed by PCS.

Thanos

Unfortunately, without the laptop in my hands, it's impossible for me to even guess as to what the problem is.

If you are indeed following the instructions correctly and understand what we are referring to with Windows RE.... if it's not working, it's either disabled or broken.

We can only suggest re-enabling it, which I'm guessing you have tried every variation of (including BIOS?) or sending it in to be assessed by PCS.

Yeah I've tried BIOS as well.. no luck there either as there is no Touchpad option anywhere! Who knows.. I'll try to find a solution and if I do I will let you know.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions.. I really appreaciate it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
There would usually be some sort of option for the touchpad I would imagine. Nothing under advanced? Maybe called pointing device?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Sorry for the late reply, I'm 2 hours ahead of the UK here and I don't generally get online in the evening. :)

@ubuysa @Scott If it's hardware related how can you explain the fact that when I double-tap the touchpads top left corner it sends the command to the sofware that controls the F1-F12 functions and a message appears on screen? Isn't that totaly weird?
It does suggest that the touchpad surface is working. But, and this is a big but, the Windows RE system on the install USB is completely separate from your Windows system, there is no connection between them. The Windows RE system includes a basic mouse (and touchpad) driver of its own, so if the touchpad doesn't work in two completely separate Windows systems it's got to be hardware.

One final test you can do is to download a Linux distro to a USB stick (Ubuntu or Mint for example). Those systems can run directly off the USB stick with no need to install anything. These Linux systems also contain basic mouse/touchpad drivers so see whether your touchpad works in that system. If it doesn't then it's definitely a hardware issue.