Optimus Series: 17.3" - INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE

Thanos

Hi All,

I recently ordered the following laptop: Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 120Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Now after the windows installation I've encountered one issue with the touchpad that I can figure out how to fix it.

I've downloaded the Touchpad Drivers from the Tech Support - Download section.

The touchpad driver folder contained instructions in Chinese which I'm having difficulty to follow.

Is there any chance that there is a guide in English or steps I could follow to install the correct drivers for the touchpad?

I've attached the PDF if someone wants to decode it for me!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Update Flash Driver 安裝方法_20191009.pdf
    901.2 KB · Views: 713

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So to install the driver, you just go into device manager, right click on the trackpad and select properties, then go update driver, when it asks where the driver is, point it to ptupdateflashdriver.inf.

If those files are in a zip file, you'll need to extract that first and leave all the files as they are in the folder.

Thanos

Hi Spydertracks,

Thanks for the swift reply!

I can't locate the trackpad on the Device Manager list. Any ideas under what category this might be? Human Interface Devices maybe?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Spydertracks,

Thanks for the swift reply!

I can't locate the trackpad on the Device Manager list. Any ideas under what category this might be? Human Interface Devices maybe?
Should be under “mice and other pointing devices”

Thanos

Hi,

Still can't find it.. Screenshot below with the current list of devices that may help to locate the touchpad.

Note that all HID-Compiliant vendor - defined device entries below refer to my wireless mouse I use at the moment.

The only one that remains when I remove the USB for my wireless mouse is the HID-Compiliant wireless radio controls which I presume it has something to do with bluetooth.

Hope that helps!

1594927419861.png

Thanos

It doesn't work! I can turn it on and off thought which is odd.. I figured maybe needs driver updates?

It was working before the format.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It doesn't work! I can turn it on and off thought which is odd.. I figured maybe needs driver updates?

It was working before the format.
So if you disable it, you should see a device disappear from device manager? Expand mice, usbs, and human interfaces so you can see if any disappear when you turn it on or off

Thanos

So if you disable it, you should see a device disappear from device manager? Expand mice, usbs, and human interfaces so you can see if any disappear when you turn it on or off

None of them disappearing and I've checked all categories. I'm convinced that the touchpad device somehow does not appear on the device manager. I'm so confused :ROFLMAO:

Thanos

Everything works with no issues at all except the touchpad.

I can turn it on/off from the top left corner. The green light that used to appear at the top left corner does not appear anymore. I can also turn it on/off with the Fn+F5 combination.

I know that it turns on/off because a message appears on the screen at the top left that displays: "Touchpad On" / "Touchpad Off".

It's really weird plus if you go through the driver PDF from my original post you can see that the process to install the driver is kinda compicated, plus it's not in English which doesn't help either.

And here I am seeking help from my brothers! Any pointers to any actions could really really help me solve this puzzle!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Everything works with no issues at all except the touchpad.

I can turn it on/off from the top left corner. The green light that used to appear at the top left corner does not appear anymore. I can also turn it on/off with the Fn+F5 combination.

I know that it turns on/off because a message appears on the screen at the top left that displays: "Touchpad On" / "Touchpad Off".

It's really weird plus if you go through the driver PDF from my original post you can see that the process to install the driver is kinda compicated, plus it's not in English which doesn't help either.

And here I am seeking help from my brothers! Any pointers to any actions could really really help me solve this puzzle!
The message that displays mouse on off is from control center, all that means is that control center is registering the request.

The fact the light isn't coming on and off on the trackpad suggests that it's not connecting with control center.

What's in that "Software Device" section with the two displays? That looks like it's out of place.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have no idea what's going on I'm afraid. I'm at a loss.

The fact the light isn't coming on when you enable disable the trackpad on the trackpad suggest it's not actually enabled at all which is why it's not showing in windows, but I don't know how to get it enabled.

@Scott @ubuysa @Nursemorph Any ideas guys?

Thanos

I have no idea what's going on I'm afraid. I'm at a loss.

The fact the light isn't coming on when you enable disable the trackpad on the trackpad suggest it's not actually enabled at all which is why it's not showing in windows, but I don't know how to get it enabled.

@Scott @ubuysa @Nursemorph Any ideas guys?
Thanks for the time spend on this brother. I appreciate it. If anyone else wants to contribute with ideas then please!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
First off, I don't think the 'driver' you have downloaded (and the Chinese instructions in that pdf file) is for the touchpad driver. They appear to be for some sort of firmware flashing tool and certainly not for a regular driver.

I would suggest that it's important that you unplug all external devices and then reboot with no external devices attached.

We know that the touchpad works because it was working before 'the format'. What was that exactly? Did you reinstall Windows from bootable media, or was 'the format' something else?

Showing hidden devices is a very sensible move, look for anything that says touchpad or mouse.

Can you also please open an elevated PowerShell session and post a screenshot of the output of the following commands...

Get-PnPDevice -Class "mouse" | Format-Table -AutoSize -Wrap