Ordered this yesterday !

Chernobyl

Hey guys ,

I ordered this yesterday and i cant wait ! .. so excited ..

here is the spec ;

Case COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£45)
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO II A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£19)
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor ASUS VG236HE 23" 120Hz 3D LCD, HDMI/DVI-D HD, 1920x1080 (£235)
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables 1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time FAST TRACK 3 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£59)

What do you guys think ? Opinions are welcome .. hope i didnt do anything wrong ..

Cheers

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Hi, and welcome to the forums.

Looks like a great spec you've got there. Although if you're not going to be overclocking you can change your CPU down to the non K variant and also your RAM could be changed to the Samsung 1333Mhz option. You won't notice the difference in performance unless you overclock.

Also, what will you be using the PC for? As you may find 4Gb of RAM is enough

Chernobyl

Hey TudorVII and thanks ..

I ordered this pc for extreme gaming .. also I will be using it for 3D Movies as well .. Games like Flight Simulator , new games that will come out soon .. like assasins creed , uncharted 3 etc ..

Fear

Prolific Poster
Also if you are not overclocking you can drop the water cooling and get the Titan Fenrir cooler and you also have no risks of water leaks.

Chernobyl

Also if you are not overclocking you can drop the water cooling and get the Titan Fenrir cooler and you also have no risks of water leaks.

What are the chances of water leakage and how do you usually take care of the liquid cooling system ?

Chernobyl

After talking with you Fear I have made changes to my order ..

Item 1 Change to TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39) from COOLIT ECO II A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)

Item 2 Change to CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® SILVER MODULAR (£162) from CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)

Item 3 Change to 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready from 1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

I didnt want to take water leakage risk .. then I realized 3gb geforce gtx 580 is only 35£ more so i said why not ..

Thank you for your opinion .. I like my new pc even better know ...

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
You will have a very nice system there ;) just 1 last thing you might want to think about is buying a set of homeplugs instead of getting the wireless card as i have found them to be completely reliable and worth a little extra over wireless and the connection issues i had anyway enjoy your new PC when you get it.

Chernobyl

Order Dispatched ..

Finally .. I will post review and pics sometime tomorrow in Show off your new pc section ..