This PC is now ordered:

Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Free Item
FREE Need For Speed™ World Starter Pack with any Nvidia® GTS450 or above!
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU (£170)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 (£139)
Mouse
LOGITECH® G9X LASER GAMING MOUSE (£64)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
SATURDAY DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (BEFORE 12 NOON) (£19)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,395.00 including VAT and delivery.

Can't wait.

Thanks to all who contributed, special thanks to Nemesis, who answered many questions, leading to the PC that I have ordered.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Looks good bet you can't wait ;) just 1 thing though do you really want 1000W PSU pretty sure 850W is more than enough for future 570 sli.

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
Looks good bet you can't wait ;) just 1 thing though do you really want 1000W PSU pretty sure 850W is more than enough for future 570 sli.

A couple of the other folks on here advised that I should go for a 1000W power supply.

I did not want to risk anything.

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
Just bought the keyboard (Cyborg V5), a 360 controller to use with the PC, and a nice long HDMI cable.

:D

LinearHD

Rising Star
a 360 controller to use with the PC.
:D

I was thinking of doing this, but I got TONS of people saying that a keyboard and mouse is 100x better if you can bear the long learning curve (6-8 weeks, apparently). Just passing on some advice :D

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
I was thinking of doing this, but I got TONS of people saying that a keyboard and mouse is 100x better if you can bear the long learning curve (6-8 weeks, apparently). Just passing on some advice :D

Yes, I have heard that, but I will still use the controller where possible (Fallout 3, New Vegas, The Witcher 2 etc.) but I will have to get used to using K & M (Dragon Age etc.)

The way I see it is that I get far better graphics, mods, but still experience the game as if I was playing my 360.

Xire01

Depends on the games to be honest. Driving games, football games definetly better on a controller. whereas FPS games keyboard and mouse **** all over it!

Last edited by a moderator:

LinearHD

Rising Star
Yes, I have heard that, but I will still use the controller where possible (Fallout 3, New Vegas, The Witcher 2 etc.) but I will have to get used to using K & M (Dragon Age etc.)

The way I see it is that I get far better graphics, mods, but still experience the game as if I was playing my 360.

Yeah, that's true, I might just follow your lead lol

whereas FPS games keyboard and mouse shits all over it!

I almost exclusively play FPS (i know, i'm gonna try and get into other gametypes, but until I order my PC I've never had the resources to do so :D)

Fear

Prolific Poster
Yes indeed anything FPS keyboard and mouse best way to play but other games like assassins creed and dead space 360 pad is well worth it ;)

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
I have now bought Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition and Fallout 3 GOTY Edition, both of which my forthcoming PC should be able to run with ease on max settings.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Just if you want it Fallout NV is on offer at game £12.98 and both of the Fallout games have the excellent nexus sites full of good mods.

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
Just if you want it Fallout NV is on offer at game £12.98 and both of the Fallout games have the excellent nexus sites full of good mods.

Great, thanks. I will be sure to pick that up, if not now, quite soon. Although I still do think that FO3 is the better game.

Fear

Prolific Poster
I find F3 crash's a lot more and i do prefer NV myself but don't get me wrong spent far too many hours on F3 both great games.

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
I find F3 crash's a lot more and i do prefer NV myself but don't get me wrong spent far too many hours on F3 both great games.

Is crashing a frequent problem? Should I be worried about it?

I read that one solution is to limit the game to only two cores, as it cannot handle more than that.

Fear

Prolific Poster
It does crash on occasion or did for me and quite a few people i know nothing really to worry about as it autosaves everytime you go through a door so just remember when you go out into the wastes either save your game manually or go into a building ;)

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
It does crash on occasion or did for me and quite a few people i know nothing really to worry about as it autosaves everytime you go through a door so just remember when you go out into the wastes either save your game manually or go into a building ;)

Okay, I see.

PC Fanatic

Silver Level Poster
Would it be unrealistic to hope for the PC to be completed in time to arrive for the 28th? Any earlier would be fantastic, but this is when I think it will come.

RichH

Gold Level Poster
Should be fine for then unless there are any issues with parts and/or testing, ordered my 2 on 24th April and they both entered building today and thats with all the messed up weeks due to bank holidays etc