Origin

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Still hoping that BF3 will be released on Steam, but the chances are pretty small at this point. Pity, I would have vastly preferred it over MW3 but it looks like I've got no choice if I want to keep most of my games on the same platform.

I have no interest in your Origin platform EA, no matter how much you try to force it down my throat.

Dayve

Still hoping that BF3 will be released on Steam, but the chances are pretty small at this point. Pity, I would have vastly preferred it over MW3 but it looks like I've got no choice if I want to keep most of my games on the same platform.

I have no interest in your Origin platform EA, no matter how much you try to force it down my throat.

You'd better get used to it, all games in the future are going to require a client like STEAM or Origin running in the background. This whole hatred of Origin is a massive overreaction. Origin is no worse than STEAM.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
im not really that bothered about it now, tbh im more ****ed off that games have to be registereed with steam and not just played, id rather just get my copy from the store and play, not buy everything online

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Go into Steam Library > Add non Steam game > Add BF3 > Enjoy

And no getting technical that it runs Origin when you open it in Steam...minor detail :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
The only thing I hate about steam and origin, once a game is registered I'm stuck with it and cant sell it on! That's the one reason games companies use steam/origin so you cant sell on their crap product, (mw3 for example)they make more money as gamers cant buy second hand pc games.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yep console games are starting to become like that with the online pass thing, im definitely going to be more careful when buying games like MW3

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

Since when are they saying "you have no choice but to buy our game, and therefore have no choice but to use origin" I dont see that in Lifes terms and conditions? Theres a simple answer if you don't liek to use a product, im not sure if you've thought of this solution, but I guess you might kick yourself when you realise how simple it is :). Dont play it.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Since when are they saying "you have no choice but to buy our game, and therefore have no choice but to use origin" I dont see that in Lifes terms and conditions? Theres a simple answer if you don't liek to use a product, im not sure if you've thought of this solution, but I guess you might kick yourself when you realise how simple it is :). Dont play it.

I think he wants to play bf3 (who wouldn't) but he doesn't want to use origin for whatever reason he's not specified. Apart from saying that he wanted everything on one platform?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I think he wants to play bf3 (who wouldn't) but he doesn't want to use origin for whatever reason he's not specified. Apart from saying that he wanted everything on one platform?

Yeah I know, but BF3 is an EA thing, the fact it requires origin to run is similar to some servers requiring punkbuster, its something that runs in the background, and you have to agree to use it to be allowed to play. He has two options, either he accepts the fact that EA have decided to play the game you must use origin and therefore he stops complaining and plays BF3 or he decides he doesnt want to use origin and he doesnt play BF3. Its as simple as that. EA can do whatever they like and make you sign any terms and conditions they like to use one of their bits of software, at the end of the day, if you decide you dont want to use that bit of software then no one is forcing you to.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I just don't get it, Noone likes Origin, everyone uses Steam, EA? Here's a tip, just freaking buy up steam, you can afford it and stop having us use your beta ****.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I just don't get it, Noone likes Origin, everyone uses Steam, EA? Here's a tip, just freaking buy up steam, you can afford it and stop having us use your beta ****.

People hate change, however it doesnt mean origin is ****, ive not had a single problem with it, so why would they go buy steam instead? makes no sense to me tbh. I also doubt it would be financially viable for them to aquire steam. Also what exactly is your problem with the beta? Ive not experienced any problems myself tbh.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
im pretty sure valve wouldnt sell steam for $10billion, they weren't exactly the biggest developer before it were they? now they are making millions daily

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
You'd better get used to it, all games in the future are going to require a client like STEAM or Origin running in the background. This whole hatred of Origin is a massive overreaction. Origin is no worse than STEAM.

I have no problems with the concept. I do have a problem with not offering the consumer a choice. The idea of being registered with a different platform for every single publisher is obnoxious at best. I am sure Origin is a fine system, but my games are spread out bad enough as it is. I made a concious decision to keep them together as much as possible as I lose track of games and end up never touching them again, which is a bit of a waste. Since I have just under 300 games on Steam, I've decided to stop purchasing games elsewhere.

So yes, I do find it a shame that BF3 isn't on Steam.

Since when did I say that? I haven't purchased the game, and I've made a concious decision not to purchase it unless it is released on Steam. I merely have (fairly idle) hope that it might someday turn up as I'd quite like to play it.

So unless you are saying I am not allowed to state that I find it an outright shame that the game isn't released on my distribution channel of choice, I am missing your point.

Quite frankly, if it was up to me it would be mandatory to release games in more channels, it's good for the consumer: It gives us choice and creates a healthy level of competition.