Overclock Laptop Sandybridge 2920XM?? 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram available?

Apparently, it's possible to overclock a Sandybridge 2920XM to 4.0GHz (some say 4.5GHz) with turboboost.

Has anyone managed to do this?

Also, my laptop is in Pre-Production at the moment and has 16GB DDR3 1333MHz ram. Ideally, I wanted 16GB DDR3 1600MHz.
Anyone know if 1600MHz is available (as I couldn't see the option on the site) and if not, why not?

Thanks in advance.

Maestro

Unfortunately the maximum spec for 1600mhz memory is two ram slots. Therefore 8gb (2 x 4 gb modules)

Ok great, thank you for your swift reply.

I guess that answers my overclocking question too (well makes it irrelevant I suppose).

One last question, I ordered my laptop on the 23rd May. It's still currently in Pre-Production. How long would it normally take for a laptop of this spec to be despatched.......Roughly?

Thanks again.

Meds

We've never looked to overclock any of out Laptops and don't plan to do so either. For a safe & stable overclock, good cooling & ventilation are required and in our opinion, no laptop (that we offer anyway) meets the required standard for an overclock.

I'd expect delivery to be late this week/early next week if all goes smoothly, just keep an eye on your inbox for automated updates! :)