overclock ,no effect,[subsequent possible related problems]

greybing

Asus M4N98TD Evo ,phenom II*4 965,2 GTX palit 460's sonic,1gb,6gb of samsung DDR3 RAM and 650W psu[all components around a year old]
-------------------------------
well ,there you go , i overclock both gpu,'s and cpu but with no effect so i don't for now.--this may be related and a similar thread of mine exists but the problem has changed............. anyway here] ,I have also an sli problem which is that in order to play in sli I have to have one monitor assigned to play a steam game and the other monitor which flashes like crazy.When I first encountered this problem I had the flashing on the game screen.[I eventually rigged it to do as described above.Also generally the P.C. is ...er unstable.[crashes,etc,freezing mouse pointer].
After realising that overclocking had no effect ,literally, whatsoever I just stopped[hoping this was causing instability.The sli problem though ,whats that about .I changed umpteen drivers ,re installed windows,changed sli bridge connectors,re pasted my cpu ,cleaned my gtx 460's.
I have 344 pound coming my way ,if this is hardware related...what,will I buy.
Thankyou for taking the time to read.:turned:

Last edited:

greybing

This problem could be anything.From my point of view that is so frustrating because its hard to systematically go through whatever fixes ,methods ,trial and error you can think of.uhh

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you tried the GPU's individually to eliminate the
possibility of one being faulty.

greybing

yes,pci slots also.someone suggested a a capasitor on the mobo,in fact the next fix may as well be go bury pc in graveyard where a relative is buried whom was born between the 16th of sept 1811 to 23 of october 1878[mus have dies of 'comsumtion'] under full moon.My pc is acting so unstable it reminds me of hex, or from something from the fictional Unseen University by novelist Terry Pratchett,writer of the excellant Disc world novels .

Last edited:

PokerFace

Banned
yes,pci slots also.someone suggested a a capasitor on the mobo,in fact the next fix may as well be go bury pc in graveyard where a relative is buried whom was born between the 16th of sept 1811 to 23 of october 1878[mus have dies of 'comsumtion'] under full moon.My pc is acting so unstable it reminds me of hex, or from something from the fictional Unseen University by novelist Terry Pratchett,writer of the Disc world novels .

LOL, I have to give you some rep, for the most random paragraph I've read on this forum for a while :)

greybing

any other takers...incidentally.now nothing is overclocked stability seems to have returned ,by some degrees.

greybing

Could some office chair expert answer me this.If my PSU was not providing enough power would it be conceivable that overclocking would have no effect and/or sli would be causing the problems it is.Please ,I'm begging you people to impart some wisdom if you have or just think you have.I'M DESPERATE and UN DESERVNG but please ,have pity on this Mancunian [for those not acquainted with this term ,it simply means someone living in Manchester], on this icy Manchester day.
Than you for getting yo the end,

greybing

I think I have found what the problem component is and subsequently the solution.SLI only worked with one screen rapidly flashing ,now when I turn down the voltage,core rand or memory on the graphics cardsdown the flashing gets less untill a sweet spot i met where no flashing occurs.At the moment I hastily ordered a new graphics card ,a gtx 570, but now I think Im going to return it when it arrives then buy an 850w PSU .I always thought that I would lose enough efficiency in my PSU for it to mess up later than this[1 year] .My estimated power draw was somewhere close [including 20% allowance] to 650w[my current PSU].I think it was 580w or something.Any thoughts are welcome .