overclocking covered under warranty same as any other part?

GusBow

Hi

Serious about purchasing overclocked as my own 4th gen has been done without a problem. Would rather be done professionally for a complete new build so if under Platinum Warranty or any other, the terms say if a part fails OK to swap assuming care and attention to that point. I would assume since the customer is paying a fair bit more for overclocking it would just be the same as if on the basic 3.8Ghz processor, terms remain the same; goes without saying the BIOS would not be altered unless under instruction from a technician.

Many thanks, Gusbow

Gavras

Master Poster
System built over clocks usually come with same level of warranty.

You would need to read the exclusion in a bit more detail to maybe standard system.

the only thing I would comment on is what overclock system are you looking at?

Intel are in the bottom of a deep hole at moment and new interim cpu due release in march 2021.

Also AMD cpu do not seem to benefit overly from OC, so potentially a waste of cash compared against return on performance.

GusBow

Thanks for the reply Gavras,

Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7-10700K Eight Core (3.8GHz @ up to 5.0GHz) require to run P3Dv5 or maybe MSFS. Been a flight simmer for years but running 4 yr old system. My CPU has been running at 4.7 for years, so a 10th gen 5.0 sounds a step up, with Intel recommended for them apps., AMD can run just not as good.
Could build but want a hassle free purchase where I don't need to do too much and have the confidence it's covered. and continuing on, your mention of black hole for Intel I'm not understanding, maybe techie comment?, would let me understand. Just want the best system within a £2,300 budget for ever increasing demands of flight, cheers

Gusbow

Gavras

Master Poster
Thanks for the reply Gavras,

Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7-10700K Eight Core (3.8GHz @ up to 5.0GHz) require to run P3Dv5 or maybe MSFS. Been a flight simmer for years but running 4 yr old system. My CPU has been running at 4.7 for years, so a 10th gen 5.0 sounds a step up, with Intel recommended for them apps., AMD can run just not as good.
Could build but want a hassle free purchase where I don't need to do too much and have the confidence it's covered. and continuing on, your mention of black hole for Intel I'm not understanding, maybe techie comment?, would let me understand. Just want the best system within a £2,300 budget for ever increasing demands of flight, cheers

Gusbow
Okay, link below.

basically, the latest AMD CPU’s are superior to the Intel offering.

the current Intel CPU is only PCIe 3.0, AMD are PCIe 4.0.

the next Intel CPU due for possible release in March 2021, will be PCIe 4.0 and hopefully fill some of the security issues with previous Intel CPU’s.

it is however an interim CPU as Intel are trying to change their architecture down to 7nm, however they are struggling with 10 nm and overall production.