Overclocking fail

Assassin

Hi all

I just received my overclocked PC today. I connected everything and did exactly what the instructions said. Unfortunately, as I turned the screen on, I received the message 'Overclocking fail' and was asked to reconfigure my settings. I don't have much of an idea on what has been done so I don't really know what do. I'm a bit surprised too -- as I assume this wouldn't have appeared on the quality control/testing procedure.

Thanks for you help guys.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi all

I just received my overclocked PC today. I connected everything and did exactly what the instructions said. Unfortunately, as I turned the screen on, I received the message 'Overclocking fail' and was asked to reconfigure my settings. I don't have much of an idea on what has been done so I don't really know what do. I'm a bit surprised too -- as I assume this wouldn't have appeared on the quality control/testing procedure.

Thanks for you help guys.
Do you have the oc profile saved in your bios?

Assassin

I just turned it off and back again - and the message didn't appear. Not sure how to access the BIOS - delete and F2 aren't working. I don't know if I have the original OC bios saved :S

Okay never mind - i managed to get into the bios but it says 3.4 ghz as opposed to 4.6 >_>

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I just turned it off and back again - and the message didn't appear. Not sure how to access the BIOS - delete and F2 aren't working. I don't know if I have the original OC bios saved :S

Okay never mind - i managed to get into the bios but it says 3.4 ghz as opposed to 4.6 >_>
Try stressing the CPU with prime95 and check the clock speed of the CPU.

Assassin

It's running normal - although it was quite difficult considering I got the BSOD ~10 times today... Gotta phone 'em up.