overclocking on old gtx 240 mate gave me

greybing

right ,my mate gave me this card that i dont want to particularly wreck to but if so it dont matter or anything [and just wanted to use itas alearning thing] cos im agetting anothe r for xmas........so,right trying to overclock,core is 865,volt1050 shader1730,mem2070,using heavebn benchmark and furmark extensively so i can get really stable overclock..Now ,waht artifaccts and probs shoul d i look for ,the usual ,stalling[crash] weird artifacts etc and if so do certain types of problems occur with certain stufff,ie mem,core etc...also,im noy sure how i should go abot increasing volyage..eg say i reach max core on current voltage how much incrementally do i ncreas voltage,and what about other stuff mem etc.cos i was thinking say i reach max core with certain voltage i cant just up the other stuff on that voltage cos it wony take?...just need some hints man ,like i say ,it doesnt matter if it gets f****d cos i have other on the way for sli ..i just seee this as a perfect learning oppurtunity,so any info is most gratefill.thanks...if any of this was not clear enough just let us know and i will clarify:)

edit the title should say 460 gtx

Last edited by a moderator:

greybing

why no answers......on palit gtx 460 got stable overclock with heaven and furmark core 855,voltage 1087,shader1170 and mem2079[thought i could get mmore from this but no...;ike isaid i used heven and durmaek,yting games now,..any imput erlcmr.gppg pr bad...no got wromg gtx 260 is what i mean

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
The GT 240 is well... a GT 240, probably very little info on it because noone overclocks such a *cough* card.

greybing

no i mean gtx 46o,palit sonic....now ive maxed out the voltage at1087,core 885,shade1770,mem2070....can not get any further on the memory using heaven without getting green blobs,can not push core mor cos heaven stalls... fur mark with esetting is fine..basically this is my max overclock,not tried games yet though....i would of thought i could get more out of this card but hey..temps are spoy on though

BAD SANTA

Sorry to be rude dude but you would probably get more answers if you checked your spelling before posting, I had to try my hardest to finish reading your post as I almost gave up trying to decipher it, lol sorry again.
Now on to your questions, your best bet is just to google gtx460 overclock settings and read through other peoples posts. You will gain a lot more knowledge by doing this.