p.c. will not boot[how original]

greybing

O.k., when I turn on my pc I get no post beep.What I do get is the 2 intake fans attached to my molex connectors working fine.I also get 1 rear exhaust fan working fine along with the top extractor fan working which incidentally are connected to the motherboard.So what does not work is the front intake fan and the cpu fan which are also conected to the motherboard .Both gtx 460"s which are attatced to the all working fine molex adapters ,i.e their fans spin.The hard drive seems to spin fine and the disc drive opens up.It would seem to my rather ignorant mind that there is a motherboard problem,possibly a short circuit .Oh all connectors are affixed properly etc.So what am I to do ,get a new motherboard[ASUS m4n98td evo].Any helpful advice would be most appreciated.I have a 650w psu, a phenom 2 x4,4 gig of samsung ddr3 ram..Thanks

Rory G

This sounds like the same problem with mine, which turned out to be a faulty motherboard where my RAM had fried it.

Gorman

Author Level
call us on 0844 499 4000 on Monday and arrange for it to be repaired if they cant solve it over the phone.

greybing

call us on 0844 499 4000 on Monday and arrange for it to be repaired if they cant solve it over the phone.
Something I did not mention about how the problem arose.I was plugging in one of my 2 side fans into a molex connector and as I was plugging I saw a little flash within the molex connectorThere was no sound or smoking smell or visual.Obviously the aforementioned problems arose after this point.
Mate ,do you have any idea how much the phone calls cost?

Freeley

0844 is only 5p/minute max so don't have any worries about a huge phone bill - PCS are an excellent customer oriented business not out to rip you off unlike most other pc manufacturer's i could mention. Ahem Mesh anyone...

Gorman

Author Level
Something I did not mention about how the problem arose.I was plugging in one of my 2 side fans into a molex connector and as I was plugging I saw a little flash within the molex connectorThere was no sound or smoking smell or visual.Obviously the aforementioned problems arose after this point.
Mate ,do you have any idea how much the phone calls cost?

This sums it up:

Non-Geographic 0844 National Number

0844 non-geographic numbers provide your business with a national phone presence along with the ability to generate revenue from inbound calls.

0844 numbers are charged to the caller at 5p per minute (inc. VAT) at all times. 0844 numbers are not premium rate and can be dialed from all landlines and mobiles. Callers are generally as likely to call an 0844 number as any other 08 or National Rate number.

Gorman

Author Level
Thanks for this very informative information on the logistics of this subject. It was informative and useful to know,thanyou.Maybe you could do Mastermind someday.

This problem will not be solved over the forums, you need to call us as i have already said. You asked about the 0844 numbers and i answered.