PC Arrived! Boom (Review)

ddmartin86

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys

So i posted the below spec a few weeks ago and got some great feedback on it, here's what i ended up with:

Case COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache (Upgraded to the 3770k)
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE (thought i opted for the Caviar, i didnt :-( )
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling Corsair H60 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£59)
Extra Case Fans 2 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof) (£9)
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ SE (£19)
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

A few people pointed out the watercooling and extra fans were not needed but i decided to stick with it. Was paranoid about overheating (New to this PC Gaming lark). Upgraded the CPU and forgot to add the Caviar!..rubbish

Only took 12 days for the PC to be made, much quicker than i imagined. Brilliant communication throughout, kept me informed which i was really happy about. PC arrived (Poor delivery driver had to get it up 6 flights of stairs, i actually felt sorry for the guy) Box was HUGE! the size took me by surprise but i loved it, it's an absolute beast of a machine. Well packaged as well, very impressed. Had it up and running pretty quick, but i had to open the case up 1st :). Absolutely gorgeous inside, everything looks polished and just to see it all hooked up was awesome. Still need to buy a few games but GTA IV and Hitman (The 2 Graphically more demanding games i have) run beautifully. GTA runs at a steady 60fps (Will test Hitman tonight, but Hitman does look beautiful, and SO much better on PC. The Difference with GTA is borderline ridiculous. Turned the settings up and that baby just runs. I've got the Sims to install and Battlefield 3 too so will test them out and post details. Will add pics tonight of the PC and my setup

I can't fault PCS at all, So many options, great advice from them and the Forum guys (Thanks a lot :punk:) great communication during the build, well packaged, easy to set up and runs like a dream. If you're on the forums and you've ordered/thinking of ordering, then these guys are your only choice. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong but I'm 100% sure the PCS guys and those on the forum will be here to help
10/10
PICS TONIGHT!

Rakk

The Awesome
Those links didn't work for me, got a 'Sorry, that page was not found' message instead.

ddmartin86

Bronze Level Poster
2nd time around

Hopefully this will work:rockon:

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    826.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    955 KB · Views: 213
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    875.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

ddmartin86

Bronze Level Poster
And finally!

Last 2 now, hopefully all these will work

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 227

ddmartin86

Bronze Level Poster
haha completely agree with you guys, it is a rubbish keyboard!. I will be investing in a new keyboard/mouse and decent speakers, probably not until June though. Anything you can recommend ?

Blackdog

Bright Spark
I personally use the x4 sidewinder. It's a solid gaming keyboard that's (to my knowledge) 20 or so quid cheaper than Razer/Logitech's alternate offerings. Backlit keyboard, comfortable hand rest and all the macro keys you need, which are programmable in game or through the supporting software. My brother has a Razer Lycosa and my friend a Logitech 105, and i prefer mine to theirs, although Razer's rubberised keys are nice. That said it has red LED's which won't match your case...and this of course the only real factor when choosing a keyboard.

ddmartin86

Bronze Level Poster
I looked at that keyboard of yours and it looks really good! Shame the LED's are not blue but not to big of an issue for me. I'll keep looking but will defo keep that in mind, cheers for the comment