PC being built... Need a few things before it gets here!

SickoJay

Okay, hey all, just the other day ordered my own PC off here. But while its being built I need to get the following and I was hoping some knowledgeable people on here (there is a lot of you :D) would help me.

I need:

A Monitor
Was thinking of a IIYAMA E2773HDS but is there any other decent monitors people would recommend? Need to be at least 20+", lower response time the better. :)

A Mouse
Was thinking of the Logitech G500 have heard very good things about this mouse.. a friend of mine has one and have tried it out, has a great feel to it. Suggestions? Oh, and also.. would need a decent mousemat, this isn't THAT important but if you have a good one please recommend it to me!

Finally, A Keyboard
Was thinking of a Logitech G110 but its fairly pricey and have heard mixed reviews, would like opinions of this, as well as any other suggestions for a decent keyboard.

Very open to all suggestions and thanks to everyone in advance!

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
For monitor how about the Asus VK278Q LCD Monitor 27-inch Widescreen Webcam - Black?
Mouse I have the Rat 3 and I can't complained, good response.
Keyboard - Cyborg V7
Matt - Steel Series

bigben

Master Poster
Hi, this is what I have:
Monitor: LG M2450D
Mouse: Rat 7
Keyboard: Some random HP one that came with my dads computer but does the job.. However when funds are looking a bit better I like the look of the Razer Lycosa
Don't use a mouse mat.

I am happy with the mouse, it's comfy to use and quick (pretty pricey though, mine cost ~£50).
The monitor is stunning, really nice clear picture, really thin, has a built in TV tuner (pay more for that feature obviously but for me it was worth it).
I don't use a mouse mat and have never needed one, I personally find them more of a hindrance than a help..

Hope that helps, it is at least something to think about.

SickoJay

Hi, this is what I have:
Monitor: LG M2450D
Mouse: Rat 7
Keyboard: Some random HP one that came with my dads computer but does the job.. However when funds are looking a bit better I like the look of the Razer Lycosa
Don't use a mouse mat.

I am happy with the mouse, it's comfy to use and quick (pretty pricey though, mine cost ~£50).
The monitor is stunning, really nice clear picture, really thin, has a built in TV tuner (pay more for that feature obviously but for me it was worth it).
I don't use a mouse mat and have never needed one, I personally find them more of a hindrance than a help..

Hope that helps, it is at least something to think about.

Okay, thanks bigben, will check out the above.

Swanky777

Bronze Level Poster
Hey, Razor fanboii inc!!! xD

I think the monitor Ruben suggested is awesome.

As for the Mouse I don't know what sort of games you play but I have the Razer naga and it works great, especially if you play MMO's

Onto keyboard I would opt for a mechanical over membrane. Razer BlackWidow is a good keyboard and depending on your budget they have 4 different types of them ranging from £60 to £125

Hope I helped somehow

SickoJay

Cool, thanks for suggestions guys.. Blackwidow keyboard looks amazing, but yeah like you said fairly pricey. Heard good things about the Razer Naga but apparently they are very easy to break?

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
For monitor how about the Asus VK278Q LCD Monitor 27-inch Widescreen Webcam - Black?

I've got this monitor and I can confirm that it's really good, nice bright colors had it for 3 years and never had a problem with it.

Corfate

Author Level
I have the Asus VS247H, very good monitor :) Lovely and clear and it's only about £150 ish.
I use the Razer Naga, as it's possibly the comfiest mouse i've used, ever :p Not great in BF3, but it gets the job done :)

I use some Logitech keyboard, think it's the K400. It gets the job done, nothing special :)

agtrinity

Bronze Level Poster
keyboard - corsair vengeance K90 with cherry red switches, best for gaming, really good for typing, amazing quality, macros, backlighting, much much better than razer black widow

mouse - razer naga just works, better macro software than steelseries or rat

monitor - anything as long as it has low response time, 23" or higher size depending on budget

Swanky777

Bronze Level Poster
Cool, thanks for suggestions guys.. Blackwidow keyboard looks amazing, but yeah like you said fairly pricey. Heard good things about the Razer Naga but apparently they are very easy to break?

Well I've had mine for 2 years and have had no problems with it at all

SickoJay

Well I've had mine for 2 years and have had no problems with it at all

Okay, my PC desk arrived earlier.. I don't really want a keyboard with loads of macro buttons on the left, because I would hardly ever use them, and its just added width I don't need. So does anyone know good ones, with few / no macro keys. Thanks.

Monitor, I've been looking at the Ilyama Prolite E2773HDS with a 1ms response time, and people say the colours are outstanding. £239 from PCS. Its about that price most places online.

EDIT, its between the Ilyama and the Asus VK278Q, which someone on this thread recommended. About £35 difference (acer is more) Acer has 2ms response time.

Last edited: