PC Build for 11yr old to Play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I assume you’ve been watching Aberdeen play, that’s definitely their M.O 🤪
The only times I have ventured to Pittodrie were for a business workshop and to take my wife to an Elton John concert. Although it was in June (not this year) EJ said that it was so cold, that he wouldn’t be back again.

By all accounts it is a depressing place on match days, with everyone yearning for the brief glory years when Sir Alex was manager and hoping in vain for their return.

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
1915F4EC-251A-402A-BC97-7175C621367E.jpeg

Will do a proper thread later but though I'd post at least one pic.

Flight Sim taking the mick with its updates. 30% in and it's been close to two hours 🙄

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
Hmmmm, yeah, I tend to steer clear of the MS Store, it's really poor for download speeds, updates and addressing bugs. You may find you have issues starting up the game also which is very common on MS Store.

I would avoid MS Store where possible.

What would you recommended? XBox or Steam?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I do have a steam account as son has a few games on there.

I guess it's too late now to swap. fingers x
Yeah, I was just looking to see if it's possible to transfer a Windows Store game key across to Steam, but unfortunately it isn't like it is with other games stores.

Hopefully you'll be fine once it's all installed and updated, just in the future something worth considering.

Even if you do come across some of the bugs, they're workaroundable, just takes some fiddling.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The game is absolutely huge and the updates are massive so I'm not really surprised. It's one of those games that I tend to try and keep on top of weekly, so that if I do want to play it..... it's already almost up to date :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The game is absolutely huge and the updates are massive so I'm not really surprised. It's one of those games that I tend to try and keep on top of weekly, so that if I do want to play it..... it's already almost up to date :D
How big is the overall install? I'm not at all surprised how big it is seeing how incredible it looks.