PC Cleaning - Anti static brush?

JO53PHS

My PC is long overdue a good clean out, as I just haven't had the time recently. I was wondering whether it was worth buying an antistatic brush for cleaning inside - do they work or are they no better than an ordinary paint brush in terms of static? If not a brush, what methods would be more appropriate for cleaning? A can of compressed air seems to be universally recommended, but I can't see it being particularly easy (or cheap!) to clean the PC with compressed air alone.

Thanks in advance :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You will get a lot of conflicting advice about this,for what it's worth this is how I do It,
compressed air and a paintbrush with bristles made from natural fibres,an antistatic brush would also be a good idea in my opinion.
Always keep the can upright & use only in short bursts to avoid the possibility of any moisture being ejected.Also keep in mind when cleaning fans with compressed air to keep the fans wedged with something as spinning them manually can damage the bearings.
Some people use compressed air and a vacuum cleaner,but you need to be very careful not to go too near any components using this method.

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
Vanthus has pretty much nailed it :)

I'd use some cotton buds to get into and tight areas, such as fans or heatsinks if the air can't dislodge the dust. :) Dislodge the dust with the cotton bud, then blast it out with the can :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Vanthus has pretty much nailed it :)

I'd use some cotton buds to get into and tight areas, such as fans or heatsinks if the air can't dislodge the dust. :) Dislodge the dust with the cotton bud, then blast it out with the can :)
Yeah,forgot about that,cotton buds are ideal for cleaning stubborn dust bunnies.:)

Last edited: