PC Crashes on Screensaving/Sleep

benwoo

Hi guys,

First of all loving my new PC, but there is one issue i seem to be having. When display turns off after a certain period of time it doesnt allow me to revive it, and have to power down using power button apart from that all is fine just wondering if any ideas why its doing it?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try reinstalling or updating graphics driver,either that or change the power options for"choose when to turn off the display" and "change when computer sleeps" to "Never"I dont see the point of using power saving options unless using a laptop on battery

benwoo

Thanks for rply but did all that prior to thread, meant to put it does it even if left on the monitor turning off also!

Buzz

Master
Does your system drive have its power savings on? Maybe when the computer sleeps the HDD turns itself off and has trouble coming back on.

Try change the power settings
control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/hard disk/turn off hard disk after

set it for around 120 minutes.

That failing try restoring the hibernate file. To do so, go to Start type cmd. Then right-click "Command Prompt," click Run as administrator and type in powercfg -h on. Press Enter.

To turn off again

go to Start type cmd. Then right-click "Command Prompt," click Run as administrator and type in powercfg -h off and press Enter.

Last edited:

benwoo

Thanks for the Reply, but have turned off computer Sleep, its the screen sais no signal altho PC is still on. Next time it does it ill try plugging another monitor in but saying that when its in that state pushing power button once doesnt put it into shutdown either which is odd. It all works fine when im on it etc, just guess best to turn her off when i think ill be away for more than 30miutes. Thanks for the help anyway.