PC Game Deals!

50% off Black Mesa - not played it, but well aware of its reputation as a belter of a game https://store.steampowered.com/app/362890/Black_Mesa/
Its brilliant and the re imagine of the zen chapter is very well done still feel bad when clubbing a houndeye to death with a crowbar tho
Houndeye.png

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
As soon as you hear the BWONG BWONG BWONG of the crowbar hitting metal again you’ll be in gaming heaven. It’s like putting a comfortable pair of slippers on 🤩
As soon as you hear the BWONG BWONG BWONG of the crowbar hitting metal again you’ll be in gaming heaven. It’s like putting a comfortable pair of slippers on 🤩
I think it'll be more of the once familiar sound of swearing and keyboard/mouse button mashing for me.. can you tell I died a lot in Half-Life 😛

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
I think it was Half Life 2, in a car park underground in total darkness, and you go from behind a steel mesh fence into the car park and are suddenly surrounded by loads of standard zombies..... I got so stuck there for ages, it was incredibly frustrating!
I vaguely recall that one, cant remember how I got out of it. Am fairly sure it involved a fair bit running around with the universal tool of most fps games... the crowbar!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I think it was Half Life 2, in a car park underground in total darkness, and you go from behind a steel mesh fence into the car park and are suddenly surrounded by loads of standard zombies..... I got so stuck there for ages, it was incredibly frustrating!
That’s from Half Life 2: Episode One. Absolute carnage and as you say, it’s a real pain. If you know the way out it’s fine, but if you don’t (or if you’re a completionist and you want to explore every corner) all you do is wake up more of the headcrab zombies. I did a fair amount of high pitched shrieking in that section of the game, if I’m being perfectly honest.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I vaguely recall that one, cant remember how I got out of it. Am fairly sure it involved a fair bit running around with the universal tool of most fps games... the crowbar!
That’s from Half Life 2: Episode One. Absolute carnage and as you say, it’s a real pain. If you know the way out it’s fine, but if you don’t (or if you’re a completionist and you want to explore every corner) all you do is wake up more of the headcrab zombies. I did a fair amount of high pitched shrieking in that section of the game, if I’m being perfectly honest.
That's my downfall, I always forget about the crowbar and only really use it for breaking boxes.

I rely on my gun for everything, and if I run out of bullets it's game over basically.

Same in real life.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
All this talk of the older games has made me want to dig out the box that I've stored them in and look through them.. a few of them I have on steam already

Problem is said box is stored in bedroom wardrobe and I'm not waking the missus up!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All this talk of the older games has made me want to dig out the box that I've stored them in and look through them.. a few of them I have on steam already

Problem is said box is stored in bedroom wardrobe and I'm not waking the missus up!!
Make it a memorable moment and dress up in an Alien costume when you go in there since it's Alien Day.

Gotta be worth it.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
(You should also keep your eyes peeled for the remake of System Shock, another gem that’s being updated for the modern age... I know @ActuallyDenz will approve this message)
Definitely. While I've only played the original System Shock through once, System Shock 2 is up there as one of my top 2 all-time favourite games alongside the original Deus Ex. Having had a go at the System Shock remake demo, I've seen enough to pre-order it, so roll on this summer.

D

Deleted member 41971

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Alien Isolation is free to grab on Epic Games (if you have an epic account) offer expires today
There's a few on this thread who are really hot on deals - within minutes of them being announced, the deals are in this thread, so we were well aware of Alien Isolation being free. You've picked a good thread to get involved in! :)

On that note, the Total War: Rome Remastered came out today and is still 50% off for those who own the original - reviews are not looking great at the moment, so I made the right choice not to pre-order!