PC Game Deals!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Since the latest update, it runs really well, but as I don't own a 4000-series card, I can't have all the latest RT goodness the game has. Looks pretty darn good for me though!

never played cyberpunk, I think I was put off when the game was first released and it looked nothing like the trailers, i have heard its a pretty decent game but not got around to it yet.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Plus it's open world and my brain can't cope with that many options.
There are different ways to play the game but it’s all fairly binary.

My first playthrough I wanted to be sneaky pistol man and invested my stats accordingly to become a slinky silenced instrument of death. My second playthrough had me becoming a punchy bullet sponge who can absorb damage like there’s no tomorrow and has fists so lethal he could poke yer head clean off.

My baby son then selfishly decided to arrive so I haven’t actually finished that run but I’m looking forward to going back to it at some point.

I wouldn’t let the open world environment bother you too much. The big surprise for me wasn’t the size of that open world (not a giant map), it was the verticality! There’s more floors in this game than I’ve ever seen before. Just follow the quest markers and have fun. I’m sure I’ve missed 80% of the side missions but I wasn’t underpowered at the end and had a blast regardless 👍

CMP01

Enthusiast
Still not worth it!

Must admit that at as low a price, it is a little tempting.

BUT as much as I may be conditionally loathe to reward poor dev and optimisation etc, I also made a promise to forego it at least for now. My new years resolution was to clear some AAA backlog before any major and/or newer released purchases, especially finally getting to grips with Warhammer 3, with the belated Chaos Dwarfs DLC release (to which end I'm getting along ok) Tbh the issue is oft as much deciding what to start (or at least try to get into) next as it is getting 'em done.

And my cup runneth over re all aformentioned points thereof.

That aside, CP2077 would still be some way down the wishlist anyway, with RE4 remake, Spider-Man/Miles Morales and Dave the Diver ahead of it. TLOU too though doubtful until some work is done. Also WH40K's Space Marine 2 and Rogue Trader, Homeworld 3, Age of Wonders 4 and Steamworld Build all possibly superseding CP2077 as they're released. Tbh much like No Man's Sky, it lost much of it's lustre what with a couple of years of reported issues etc, so it'll most likely be a 75+% discount buy in a year or two, if at all (the difference is that NMS now runs great on a potato in comparison)

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Arkane Studios have a 20th Anniversary bundle on Steam featuing 6 of their best games for 84% off. Fantastic deal and they're pretty much all must plays!

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Arkane Studios have a 20th Anniversary bundle on Steam featuing 10 of their best games for 84% off. Fantastic deal and they're pretty much all must plays!

D6BA0661-7DB5-490A-BCB8-21C6FC25F1E9.gif

CMP01

Enthusiast
Arkane Studios have a 20th Anniversary bundle on Steam featuing 6 of their best games for 84% off. Fantastic deal and they're pretty much all must plays!

Nice bundle. Almost a shame I already have the latter four. Of course, I have yet to play/complete the latter three of those lol.

CMP01

Enthusiast
I've got wolfenstien, started playing it, ansd put on back burner

I did much the same. Got a good long lazy afternoon's worth of play in a year or two ago and haven't yet got back to it. Not a bad game, runs well etc etc, just kind of one dimensional maybe. Tbh it was The Old Blood that I actually didn't like. Really old school but in the mechanics, not the WW2 setting which was fine in the older games in the series.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’s not really worth mentioning Epic’s freebie this week, it’s just some bundle of items for the Sims 4. Snooze fest.

However, the Final Fantasy 7 Remake has had a significant discount, taking it down to a much more reasonable £39.89. But… it’s on Epic so I still ain’t parting with my spondoolies.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Ubisoft have made Far Cry 6 available on Steam for £12.50. Seems a pretty good deal, but Ubisoft...ugh...!