PC Games I've been missing out on

So my PC is almost here, and I'm getting myself ridiculously excited, but I'm still at a loss of what games to play / are good.

I've never had a PC capable of running anything past Bomberman, so I wanna know which quality PC games I'll be able to enjoy, if anyone has any recommendations for me :) Also, I love indie games and stuff that's a little weird, but I'm looking for like.. unknown PC games, ones that aren't being advertised and everything.

Any suggestions?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Where to start hmmmmmmmm

• Portal 2 - just got it, it's good, it's real good :p
  • Portal 1
  • Half life 2
  • Half life 2 the episodes
  • Tf2
  • Counter strike 2
  • Bad company 2
  • Crysis
  • Crysis 2 (it's not a bad game ... check out zero punctuations review
  • Mafia 2
  • Saints row 2 (pc)
  • Plants vs zombies
  • Peggle

theres some to get you started, why not check out the pcs steam community and see what the rest of us are playing :p

The funny thing is is that I've actually played the majority of those somehow or other xD..

Portal 1 completed at a mates, was gonna get portal 2 anyway! Saints Row completed, Crysis 2 I have on PS3, plants and zombies & peggle both completed on iPod, mafia 2 completed on PS3, bad company 2 completed on PS3 again xD

Thanks though :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
As Monkey says, check out Steam. Its a really good place to find odd Indie games, as well as the latest GPU breakers!

Its hard these days to actually find a "PC game" as opposed to a "PC/XBOX/PS3/Wii/iPad" game...

I think the last bastion might actually be the MMOs! Oh dear God if thats true! :D

Hate to break it to ya buddy, but MMOs are on their way over too ;)

Checked out some of the indie games on manapool.. some of them look pretty awesome, I just like the fact that they're not all straightforward, and have strange different features ;D (part of the reason I loved Borderlands was for the item whoring.. and it was randomised so I literally squealed when I got it

Reg

Mine has just been dispatched and am thinking the same, i have some of the AOE games and loved them. I take it Win7 will play these? will have to do a bit of research on some i love the AOE type strategy style but would look at others(obviously). I do prefer my 360 for shoot em up style games but never say never i guess. :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
Fallout 3/New Vegas
Assassins Creed 1/2/Brotherhood

If you don't mind an older game then the original F.E.A.R (i think still looks good but must be played late at night in a dark room with headphones on)

JSG10

Expert
Yes Reg, Win7 will play them :)
If you like strategy then have a look at the Total War games, I'm playing Shogun 2 at the moment, the newest one out and the first one I've ever played and I love it! Can't believe I never got into the series before.

Ahh, never been too keen on the AOE games myself, but I do like games like them.. Played a couple of the total wars, so I'll probably buy one of those.. But if you guys don't mind playing an older game, I'd recommend stronghold crusader.. So much fun!

Reg

when i get my pc next week, i will have a look at shogun2(not heard of it/seen it)have played rome total war on my old pc but it was so so so slow esp if i watched the battle unfold etc.
thought the old games would work :)