PC Headset - USB or Analog? and soundcards

UKMD-YR

Im using a Roccat Kave 5.1 with a asus DGX after a few years with creative fatal1ties (3 sets +1 cheap triton argos special) . The Roccat with the soundcard does make a big difference sound quality wise and they look well made, however for the price I think the fatal1ties are also good value for money and very comfy.

As for USB vs Analogue I always seem to have problems when using USB headsets especially with that Triton, and until now I have never bothered with a soundcard but am very suprised with how such a cheap upgrade has made such a difference, The ROC for a sound card + Analogue HS is deffo worth it.

(I am really clumsy so always end up breaking my headsets so try not to spend too much on them)

Last edited:

D1craig

Enthusiast
I have been buying headsets for a while now. Mostly for teamspeak. I always buy them for £60 or less. The last one I bought is my favourite I thinks it's a Logitech h600. Best thing is it's wireless so when the gf says something when I'm playing I don't need to take it off. I think the sounds quality is very good but I'm not into music so I wouldn't know if it's music standard quality. It also has a wire for charging and you can use it while plugged in. I will be buying another when I break it like I have all the others.