Pc help no signal

Johnny b

Bronze Level Poster
just got my pc and one screw on the cpu cooler has snapped and i cant even get a signal what am i supposed to do im not very happy.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
if you mean no signal to your monitor,make sure it's plugged into your graphics card.

Johnny b

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah i have tried both motherboard graphics and the video card,yes i mean no signal to my monitor :(

it also reboots its self but not sure if thats because of no signal?

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Does your monitor display no signal,if so,
If you're sure that the cable is ok, then the next most common cause of this is a loose graphics card.try reseating it & check for any loose connections,

Last edited:

Johnny b

Bronze Level Poster
Does your monitor display no signal,if so,
If you're sure that the cable is ok, then the next most common cause of this is a loose graphics card.try reseating it & check for any loose connections,

My monitor is working on this computer so i know it works, shall i remove the card then put it back in ?
but i wouldnt i get signal through the motherboard display ?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
My monitor is working on this computer so i know it works, shall i remove the card then put it back in ?
but i wouldnt i get signal through the motherboard display ?
do you see anything at all on your screen when booting up?
how do you know it's rebooting.

Last edited:

Johnny b

Bronze Level Poster
No i dont see anything at all i know is rebooting because i can hear the pc shut off then start back up

also i just looked at the hdd and ssd connections and there is only a sata lead coming from my hdd isnt there supposed to be a lead from the psu going in to the hdd too?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
No i dont see anything at all i know is rebooting because i can hear the pc shut off then start back up

also i just looked at the hdd and ssd connections and there is only a sata lead coming from my hdd isnt there supposed to be a lead from the psu going in to the hdd too?
yes, there should be a power connection,is that on your OS drive.possibly the connections come loose.

Last edited:

NMEBowen

Master Poster
just a quick question what sort of monitor are you using? a tv or a proper monitor? if its a tv you may find the tv cant handle the resolution the pcs guys set the gpu too.