PC looks like its either lost or running late by FedEx

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
My PC was dispatched Monday the 8th of Feb and was scheduled for delivery today the 11th of Feb by 6pm, it is 15:56 as I am writing this and the PC was last scanned in in Dartford in the UK yesterday morning at 4am, I live in Ireland and I can't imagine that it will make it here by 6pm, which isn't really a big deal that's not what I'm worried about (no big deal if its a day or two late) I'm worried that it hasn't had a scan for about 36 hours. Any ideas on where to go from here? Pic attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 16.00.22.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 16.00.22.png
    735.6 KB · Views: 353
I wouldn't panic too much

Worth checking this thread, Brexit has put a bit of a spanner in the works with EU deliveries atm

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you, it seems like its just a case of giving FedEx the EORI number and waiting? You'd think PCS would have that sorted already but oh well. I'll update the thread if I hear anything else/it makes a miraculous delivery today/tomorrow.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Thank you, it seems like its just a case of giving FedEx the EORI number and waiting? You'd think PCS would have that sorted already but oh well. I'll update the thread if I hear anything else/it makes a miraculous delivery today/tomorrow.
Its likely its not PCS's fault but the paperwork that Fedex get to be completed now. Sadly, its all a big change and learning curve on what is and is not required following Brexit. I mean its not as if we have had a few years to prepare for this is it. LOL :D :D

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
Its likely its not PCS's fault but the paperwork that Fedex get to be completed now. Sadly, its all a big change and learning curve on what is and is not required following Brexit. I mean its not as if we have had a few years to prepare for this is it. LOL :D :D
Exactly and you'd think FedEx who are literally a shipping company would have their stuff together by now lol

Edit: please watch your language, and also keep political statements out of it as well please

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
I have written quite a strongly worded email to [email protected] just now and I have provided them with the EORI number provided in the other thread along with my name address and contact details. So lets hope I'll have my PC ASAP. Ill keep updating the thread with any replies I get from them. I plan on making a call after 6pm also as that is the cut off for my scheduled delivery today, god help the poor person on the other end of the phone if I encounter any stupidity from them :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hope you get it sorted quickly, some deliveries to Ireland seem to be going via Paris for some reason............ :unsure:

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
Hope you get it sorted quickly, some deliveries to Ireland seem to be going via Paris for some reason............ :unsure:
I Just posted this on the thread incase you missed it: "Got impatient and rang them no more than 5 minutes ago. I got speaking to a woman who says it is in customs waiting to be cleared and will be delivered in the next 24-48 hours. Now I will take that statement with a 1kg bag of salt as it seems to be unrealistic but its better news nonetheless." Like I said I will definitely be taking it with a pinch of salt as I find it hard to believe but time will tell.

No idea why they would be going through Paris? Maybe its because then it would be coming from a country in the EU so customs in Ireland will overlook it the same with French customs as they see it as not their problem? I'm not sure.

ojmck22

Bronze Level Poster
New update: just checked the tracking history, Scheduled Delivery has now changed to 'pending', but the package has actually moved to Stansted on the 12th of Feb at 00:49am. I think this is good news (hopefully).

Stephen M

Author Level
Routes used by courier companies can be quite strange. I buy from a company called Truffle Hunter who are based 30 to 40 miles east of me and they use DHL, who collect from them and the first stop is usually East Midlands Airport, a long way north east of me, from there the package is flown to Bristol, 30 miles south then finally delivered. Sometimes there is also a visit to Swindon en route.

Obviously this works and DHL will have a strategy to cope with the large number of items they ship but every stop, and there is also one at their delivery hub after Bristol, involves another scan and check, both in and out, thus increasing the possibility of error.

Pre Brexit mess all my orders came on the day specified (DHL attempt a date, the day after collection but specify that is the aim and it could be up to two days later) but since the troubles started delivery is often at the end of the three-day window.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just had a Vendor from London send me package via Fed Ex. Went from London to Paris to Genk to Berlin to Paris to Dublin to Belfast for delivery to me in Derry. Took about 8 days for something that usually comes next day

Citrus_9

Expert
Guys, keep in mind that most of passenger flights are suspended. I don't know if FedEx own their cargo planes. They most likely use other cargo flights (which can be either a cargo plane or a simple passenger plane with cargo being placed in a luggage storage area). Vaccines are prioritised for any deliveries and if there's no space in direct plane, than a delivery company will put your item anywhere to any other main hub in Europe just to keep it moving as they don't have much space in their own storages to wait until a direct flight will be with space for your item.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Guys, keep in mind that most of passenger flights are suspended. I don't know if FedEx own their cargo planes. They most likely use other cargo flights (which can be either a cargo plane or a simple passenger plane with cargo being placed in a luggage storage area). Vaccines are prioritised for any deliveries and if there's no space in direct plane, than a delivery company will put your item anywhere to any other main hub in Europe just to keep it moving as they don't have much space in their own storages to wait until a direct flight will be with space for your item.
Yes Fed Ex own cargo planes, all the major freight and courier companies do

Citrus_9

Expert
Yes Fed Ex own cargo planes, all the major freight and courier companies do
That's great. But it doesn't change the fact that we now have much more deliveries due to online shopping and vaccines. They may not be able to cope with demand and outsource which wouldn't provide direct routes. So they ship anywhere they can to keep parcels moving as there's no space in storage.

longdog42

Bronze Level Poster
I amended my order twice, total price came to €1,526.
No idea why mine’s being held up then, the value is at ~€2,500 but I only see a declaration for goods over €1,000 for goods coming into Ireland which your order should’ve been required to have as well.