PC Not outputting sound correctly through my headset. 0,o

Gishank

Bright Spark
Hi.

Well, my new headset arrived. Unboxed it, plugged it in, to find the exact same issue that I dumped the other headset for. Whilst they are the same brand I doubt that both would be defective, given this one is fresh out of the box and the other was a couple of months old. Essentially, with the headsets I only get sound in one earpiece no matter which port I plug it in to, however if I twist it when it's in the front port I can get a 'sweet' spot where it works with both earpieces. If I used earphones however they don't need to hit that sweet spot.

This is a very confusing issue, and where I can just buy a USB adapter, if this is a sign of my motherboard on the skitz I'd like to know D:

Gishank

Bright Spark
Yet it occurs with both the front and rear ports. But if I use MP3 headphones in either port it works perfectly fine without needing to find the 'sweet' spot. If it was dirt, then sure it may effect both ports (given I only use the front ones), but if it was dirt wouldn't that mean headphones would also experience the issue?

Gorman

Author Level
Depends on the headphones and whats dirty / how big the sections are / what theyre made of etc etc etc

faq3.gif

Either way, if it needs looking at, the call centre is the way to go.