pc not picking up monitor

Verksies

fgdzfs

Isn't picking up keyboard or mouse with hdd nd ssd in, only when theyre unplugged. Sorry not very technical but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say!

Verksies

jgn

Sorry would appear HDD and SSD aren't working at all. Just unplugged both and bios wont load again :(. PCS sold me a dodgy pc lol!

steaky360

Oh no! No good, to be honest, I'd be sending it back for repair/replacement due to the amount of grief you seem to be having. If you can, get in touch with PCS tomorrow by phoning them and request an RMA. You can point them to this thread if possible and that might give them some ideas as to what you've tried.

They will probably suggest a few things to try but may just give you the RMA. Basically they'll take the PC back and fix it before sending it back to you.

Hopefully someone else can think of something to try :) If not, it shouldn't take long for PCS to sort it!

Verksies

hfjj

Ok another strange issue lol, disconnected the hdd nd ssd, and it refused to boot until there was nothing in the usb ports lol. What a strange pc.

Verksies

jg

Ok got the SSD plugged in going through windows set up now. Still no GPU plugged in though. Still not sure why uts working now. No 2nd HDD either.

Verksies

jhj

Sorry to spam. Now got hdmi and 2nd hard drive in and working. Now for the gpu to go back in. Fingers crossed!

Verksies

hjgnhh

Ok gpu in and back to square one lol. So it seems the gpu is not working for some reason.

steaky360

I think I'd still suggest an RMA something seems to be awry somewhere.

Can you post your full specs? Or are you still using your phone?

Verksies

jghh

Still on phone, but can post in check this spec doeum, give me a few mins please and thanks so much for your hwlp

Verksies

kvb

PCS ALPHA TRION 7622B BLACK CASE

Change to: COOLERMASTER CM STORM ENFORCER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770k (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache

Change to: Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

Motherboard ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE + **FREE GAME**
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)

Change to: 8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)

Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Change to: 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

Change to: 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Change to: CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ MODULAR TXM-850 V2-80 PLUS®

Processor Cooling Corsair H80i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Nm managed to copy and paste!

steaky360

Hmm admittedly my first thought was PSU but the 850W PSU should have no trouble at all. I think I'm out of ideas unfortunately :( I'd give PCS a call tomorrow and talk it through with them.

Verksies

jfmvbf

Only issue is, I work when they work so only time I can ring is in a weeks time anything but practical :(. I'm also having pc withdrawal symptoms lol.

Verksies

hcj

Also its very tempermental, refuses to boot with ANYTHING plugged into it. No mouse, no hdmi mo keyboard otherwise she wont even consider bfooting lol

steaky360

Also its very tempermental, refuses to boot with ANYTHING plugged into it. No mouse, no hdmi mo keyboard otherwise she wont even consider bfooting lol

I guess I'd go about checking the wires again from the USB ports to the motherboard. Unless you're plugging everything into the 'rear USB ports' in which case I'm stumped again.

You can request an RMA through the website, if you go to the main site and log into your account you can request an RMA. Remember to point them towards this thread so you can show them what you've tried already.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
One other thing you could try is reseating the RAM modules and/or trying them one at a time to eliminate a possible faulty one.

Verksies

jgjj

Yep all connected to the rear ones, still doesn't like it. Looks like an RMA it is, how long do you reckon it will take? Already waited ages to receive my now faulty pc lol.

steaky360

One other thing you could try is reseating the RAM modules and/or trying them one at a time to eliminate a possible faulty one.

Beat ya to it in post 18 ;). Not sure if Verksies tried it though :)

If not, you should!

Yep all connected to the rear ones, still doesn't like it. Looks like an RMA it is, how long do you reckon it will take? Already waited ages to receive my now faulty pc lol.

PCS will probably arrange collection of the PC this week and have it back to you pretty quickly from when they receive it. Problem is, it depends on what's wrong really. If its a component that needs replacing that may be ok if its in stock, if its not then you might need to wait a wee while unfortunately.

Verksies

jvjnvh

RAM has been reseated already didn't fix problem, and even an rma is problematic as I work and there is noone here to hand the parcel over. Why cant they accept Saturdays... Feeling extremely let down. Would expect after the how much I've payed to actually receive a fully functioning item!

steaky360

Its poor that you've been having problems but unfortunately this sort of thing does happen from time to time with electronics. PCS ship many fully equipped rigs out each week and most folk go away happy with fully working kit. You're unfortunately just unlucky.

As for the days they can receive items, it might be possible to arrange pick up from your work (I did that with my last RMA)? I understand how you feel though I too work during week days/office hours (often more than office hours haha) so have trouble like this regularly with deliveries etc. They are open on a Saturday to call though so at least you can ring them if required (I'd raise the RMA online though to speed up the process slightly).