PC order now being processed

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I have finally made the plunge and ordered my new PC. Hope to get a good 5-6 years out of it. I know Sleinous and the others will comment abot the RAM and the cooling, but price wise the lower spec was not that different. Can't wait for it to be delivered. One thing I will be looking out for is the cable mangement.

I do have a question, I will be installing my own GPU, will PCS leave the 2 x 6 pin connectors in an easily accessible place?

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU
OverClocked Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-950 (3.06GHz @ max 3.8GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
Memory (RAM)
6GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (3 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD (Sapphire ATI AMD HD 6870)
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 750W PSU (TX750) 80+ ULTRA QUIET (£88)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD OVERCLOCK THERMAL PASTE
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 13 working days

Last edited:

Tysuro

Gold Level Poster
What graphics card you gunna be using on your system? and there is nothing wrong with the cooling but if you have chosen the Overlocked CPU wouldent you be better off getting the Fenrir cooler? I dunno but it's still a very good cooler it's cheaper to plus the case you have chosen has good cooling anyway;).

Last edited:

Tysuro

Gold Level Poster
Isent the Cavier Green 1TB hardrive more of a storage hardrive? I read a thread somewhere on the forum its average speed varies from 5000rpm to around 7000rpm not 100% sure though where are Slein and pcs and Gorman!:confused: xD.

Tysuro

Gold Level Poster
I been trying to decide to go with WD VelociRaptor 600g and x2 Cavier Green 1TB raid 1 setup but I dunno the SSD's are really expsensive...

Rakk

The Awesome
The SSD's should hopefully become better value when the next gen Intel ones come out (early next year I think)

Sleinous

Author Level
Supposedly they spin down when inactive, but not when in constant use. It may spin down if its idle and youve gone to get a cup of coffee or something.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
As I will be installing my own GPU do you know what PCS will do with the 6 pin connectors to power the GPU? I need it to be easily accessibe to connect them myself.

Sleinous

Author Level
Tie them in a bundle with the rest of the unused cables I imagine, UNLESS you included a note in yoru order to keep the 2 (or 1) PCIe power cable free and loose.

sanj

As I will be installing my own GPU do you know what PCS will do with the 6 pin connectors to power the GPU? I need it to be easily accessibe to connect them myself.

Hiya Abdul,i'm sure I built your machine today(Tuesday)!I saw specific instruction's to leave the 2 six pin gpu connector's easily accesable as well as the dvd writer sata/power cable's as the customer was going to install his own,I would'nt worry about it as the tester's will know this as it's specified as one of the task's on the order sheet,hope you enjoy the machine when you get it as the Haf-x case is a beast.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Thanks sanj. I am really looking forward to it. Does this mean it is now in testing? Hope you treated it with TLC lol. I sure will be extremely gentle with the beast for the first few months.

sanj

Hello again Abdul,I would expect it to be going into testing very soon but we are working flat out to get these order's out as we have never seen so many large gaming machine's being ordered and just like your's we like to make sure everything is as it should be,i'm sure you'll get an update on it's status very soon.

Reactions: PCS

Sleinous

Author Level
Thats what we like to hear :D Lots of work! Hehe, so you may get your PC by Friday, although likely Monday

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
so you may get your PC by Friday, although likely Monday

To be honest I wasn't expecting to receive it before w/c 22/11 after reading about the backlog. If it comes on Friday I would be over the moon!! Booked Monday and Tuesday as annual leave (Tuesday is a religious day for us).

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
My order is now in QC, looks like it will be dispatched tomorrow for delivery on Monday. I have purchased my new monitor for it, hope to get that delivered on Monday as well. It's all coming together :)