PC Pausing every few seconds, mostly while downloading

Shanksyboyz

Network

Attachments

• Network.png
    Network.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 129

Shanksyboyz

Just games or a windows update, however recently I have been getting the skipping outside of downloads, mostly during gameplay but not exclusively, once while streaming a video wherein the PC becomes unresponsive and everything goes black, pops back in, and repeats, requiring a forced shutdown. In most scenarios the stuttering is common before the PC absolutely needs a shutdown

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just games or a windows update, however recently I have been getting the skipping outside of downloads, mostly during gameplay but not exclusively, once while streaming a video wherein the PC becomes unresponsive and everything goes black, pops back in, and repeats, requiring a forced shutdown. In most scenarios the stuttering is common before the PC absolutely needs a shutdown
What are you using to stream video?

Have you checked thermals? That cooler is not really optimal for the processor.

When downloading a game through steam or something, it is expected that will cause performance issues. It’s not just downloading, it’s also decrypting the stream, extracting it and installing it all on the fly, this is why most game managers will default to pausing downloads when playing a game.

First thing to check is thermals with HWMonitor:

With Prime95 stressing the CPU:

Shanksyboyz

What are you using to stream video?

Have you checked thermals? That cooler is not really optimal for the processor.

When downloading a game through steam or something, it is expected that will cause performance issues. It’s not just downloading, it’s also decrypting the stream, extracting it and installing it all on the fly, this is why most game managers will default to pausing downloads when playing a game.

First thing to check is thermals with HWMonitor:

With Prime95 stressing the CPU:

I'll try that thanks, if that's the issue, do you know I if I can get it switched over for something better? I got the collection warranty to be safe and all

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, I think temps are just about ok.

It does suggest a software issue. I'd just do a clean windows installation and start over, it's going to be a lot easier to diagnose that way.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Did this make sense?

When you're streaming, what are you using to stream?