PC Pausing every few seconds, mostly while downloading

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not sure if I've even seen it running IIRC
So you need to uninstall Bullguard.

Have you installed anything like malwarebytes?

If fact, any change you can just to to programs and features in control panel and so we can see if there are any conflicting programs?

What I'm thinking is, Bullguard is known to be problematic with networking and high CPU usage on scans. It seems to get locked when it's scanning. When you're downloading content, the AV scanner will scan that in realtime as it's downloaded.

I wonder if Bullguard is getting locked up somehow, perhaps conflicting with something else, but even if not, it still needs uninstalling.

Shanksyboyz

I won't be able to check the disk usage again until after work tonight, but will post it before I crash, again, worth noting that was an avenue I viewed earlier but couldn't get anywhere, as the disk usage was at 100% on seemingly every use of it/them

Shanksyboyz

Might try and mess with the SATA controller drivers too, that seems to be an old windows 10 problems that hasn't gone away

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I won't be able to check the disk usage again until after work tonight, but will post it before I crash, again, worth noting that was an avenue I viewed earlier but couldn't get anywhere, as the disk usage was at 100% on seemingly every use of it/them
We need to establish what is driving your disk so hard and which drive it is that's affected. Resource Monitor can show you that....

Shanksyboyz

We need to establish what is driving your disk so hard and which drive it is that's affected. Resource Monitor can show you that....
Definitely, will do tonight, I am a bit busy at the moment, and tonight I am working, I can post it afterwords, and sods law, my headset is on it's way out(to be fair, it is a rather old one, it'll be nice to get a fancy new set)