PC Randomly started freezing! Never done it before!

lewishollings

Bright Spark
It has never done it before but I start up the pc today and its done it 3 times in one day, no blue screen just a frozen screen, sometimes the sound stays on too, I have seen two threads with the same problem as me on the front page to, could this be a windows update or something? Or a memory problem as other threads have mentioned? Another thing I should say is that it isnt crashing under heavy load, just on skype and browsing the internet.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have a look in event viewer,it may give a clue to the problem,It's normal to have a lot of warnings & errors so best look at the event viewer immediately after the problem occurs,then check if anything is logged for that particular time.
Failing that I would try a clean install/update of the graphics driver.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Hmm feel like screaming at the top of my lungs, just reinstalled ram as suggested on another site and now the computer wont bloody start, please say I havent fried it :( I thought i'd unplugged it but I unplugged the monitor instead **** my life

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Hmm feel like screaming at the top of my lungs, just reinstalled ram as suggested on another site and now the computer wont bloody start, please say I havent fried it :( I thought i'd unplugged it but I unplugged the monitor instead **** my life
Unplug the computer then try reseating the ram sticks,touch a bare metal part of the computer to ground yourself before doing so.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Shes alive! Aha thanks man but in response to what you said, all of my drivers are up to date! Try to keep on top of them, even if nvidias crash everytime on bf3 -.- and I will check next time it does it, thanks!