PC with a GPU & Onboard graphics

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
It goes into the motherboard, the instructions manual of the motherboard you have chosen will give you an indication of the USB 3.0 connector. If you are spending a significant amount of money in your gaming rig I'd consider a pre-built system.

Ive given it some thought but I think it would be best for me to build it myself that way I know where everything goes and when something occurs with my PC I am able to fix it myself. Instead of taking it down to the local PC shop and paying £50 for them just to fix it and pay them to buy a £70 to buy a cheap PSU which happened to me alot as I understand now.

EDIT: Originally I was going to buy it from PCS at the start but then I did some research on the cover and they told me it would only last to 3 years. No more so then I turned to PC world who offer a cover including accidental breakage on there laptops/pcs which I could renew for however long i wanted, but I would be paying £1600 for just the PC and £350 for 5 years cover, which I knew was alot of money and after giving it alot of thought the PC from pcworld would be outdated after 3 years and I wouldnt be able to upgrade it due to them building own motherboards and cases.

Last edited:

steaky360

...If you are spending a significant amount of money in your gaming rig I'd consider a pre-built system.

I second that, although to be honest, even if you are not spending a significant amount it may be worthwhile considering a pre-built system and just adding any bits that you currently already have (if any). Might end up saving a lot of grief and effort. Plus you would get a warranty from PCS.

steaky360

Ive given it some thought but I think it would be best for me to build it myself that way I know where everything goes and when something occurs with my PC I am able to fix it myself. Instead of taking it down to the local PC shop and paying £50 for them just to fix it and pay them to buy a £70 to buy a cheap PSU which happened to me alot as I understand now.

I appreciate your concern but that wouldn't happen with PCS as your computer would be covered under their warranty. Granted you'd be in a similar boat once the warranty runs out but it does give you the flexibility to buy a pre-built system and have a good look inside to see where everything goes and what is plugged into what etc.

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
mmmm im not too sure on buying a pre-built system as I'd have to pay like £200 - £300 than all the parts are worth, when i could just build it myself.
I've looked at so many youtube videos, the only thing that baffles me are where the cables from the case go.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
EDIT: Originally I was going to buy it from PCS at the start but then I did some research on the cover and they told me it would only last to 3 years. No more so then I turned to PC world who offer a cover including accidental breakage on there laptops/pcs which I could renew for however long i wanted, but I would be paying £1600 for just the PC and £350 for 5 years cover, which I knew was alot of money and after giving it alot of thought the PC from pcworld would be outdated after 3 years and I wouldnt be able to upgrade it due to them building own motherboards and cases
I'd suggest PCS, I have always received good customer service and excellent technical assistance whenever there was a fault with my system. Most PC retailers will offer you 3 years warranty but you still have the manufacturer's warranty on the components in your built. I have built a PC but spent less than £400 on that, I wasn't prepare to put high end components on my first built. Even if you know where all the parts go you still may have problems identifying when components in your built are not working properly and hence the technical support from PCS is quite handy on that (lifetime).

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
I'd suggest PCS, I have always received good customer service and excellent technical assistance whenever there was a fault with my system. Most PC retailers will offer you 3 years warranty but you still have the manufacturer's warranty on the components in your built. I have built a PC but spent less than £400 on that, I wasn't prepare to put high end components on my first built. Even if you know where all the parts go you still may have problems identifying when components in your built are not working properly and hence the technical support from PCS is quite handy on that (lifetime).

I know how to diagnose some problems on a PC e.g diagnosing problems via the motherboard beeping combinations and switching the PSU on without having it been connected to everything.

I've made my mind up to be honest and I am going to build it myself as I will have support from my friends who build PC's themselves. Can we keep on topic about the case pleeease :p

steaky360

Yer I had a look at that but again, this is my first build so I dont know what cables would go where.
I see the 2 USB 3.0 ports aren't where they normally , there on one of the bays so where would I need to plug it into for it to operate.

edit : the motherboard most likely but would I have the slots :/? Is it a PCI extension?

The Asus® p8z77-v motherboard has 4 USB 3.0 ports which will be at the rear of the case when installed and there will be a 20 pin connection on the board to plug the two USB 3.0 ports from the Haf X 932 into it. You would end up with USB 3.0 ports at the front and back of the case once everything is installed :).

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
The Asus® p8z77-v motherboard has 4 USB 3.0 ports which will be at the rear of the case when installed and there will be a 20 pin connection on the board to plug the two USB 3.0 ports from the Haf X 932 into it. You would end up with USB 3.0 ports at the front and back of the case once everything is installed :).

nice! I think im going to buy the Haf 932 would the 20 pin connection be on all motherboards as im not to sure on the p8z77-v its a bit expensive and im on a budget :L

steaky360

I would think most motherboards with USB 3.0 connectivity would have one. Lookout for USB 3.0 connection mid-board or Internal USB 3.0 connections in the motherboard specification.

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
I would think most motherboards with USB 3.0 connectivity would have one. Lookout for USB 3.0 connection mid-board or Internal USB 3.0 connections in the motherboard specification.

all of the motherboards im considering have an internal usb 3.0 connection is that were the 20 pin socket goes into?
Does the 20 pin socket have a name or is it just called 20pin ?

steaky360

The internal USB 3.0 connection is often reffered to as a USB header, it is a 20 pin connector and looks like the cable attached to the USB 3.0 ports on the Cooler Master website for the Haf x 932 Clicky

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
The internal USB 3.0 connection is often reffered to as a USB header, it is a 20 pin connector and looks like the cable attached to the USB 3.0 ports on the Cooler Master website for the Haf x 932 Clicky
ah those loool. What about the the other ports on the case? like the 4xusb2.0 ports and sound and mic port?

steaky360

The USB 2.0 ports are similar to the USB 3.0 port but I believe they are 9 pin. The internal sound / mic ports will be similar to the USB 3.0 header in the sense that they will simply attach to the front of your case.

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
The USB 2.0 ports are similar to the USB 3.0 port but I believe they are 9 pin. The internal sound / mic ports will be similar to the USB 3.0 header in the sense that they will simply attach to the front of your case.

hmmm, would the mic and sound port be just 1 plug into the mobo because If im correct they go into the audio header and I only have one of those.

edit: Also the case fans where would they connect too? I think they'd connect to the fan header ports but on the specification on some motherboards they dont have a fan header port did they forget to add that or are fan headers not on the mobo?

Last edited:

steaky360

Yeah the front panel audio connectors are usually only one port, look similar to the usb 2.0 header clicky.

Not sure how much use you'd have for it but this website clicky seems to be fairly helpful for first time builders (although I've only just found it looking for a reasonable pic of an audio connector).

Last edited:

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah the front panel audio connectors are usually only one port, look similar to the usb 2.0 header clicky.

Not sure how much use you'd have for it but this website clicky seems to be fairly helpful for first time builders (although I've only just found it looking for a reasonable pic of an audio connector).

seems informative ill check it out now.
& Can anyone come back to me regarding the case fans? Ill have 4 fans in total, CPU_Fan and 3 case fans :/

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
I had a look through the link you sent & theres nothing telling me what sockets/pins the fans will use.

edit : Im lookin at reviews to find out what pins they are.

edit: I did click on there support tab and it just had an advanced product sheet repeating everything thats in its specification not really supportive is it.

Last edited: