PC won't start up help please

JackC

So I was gaming on my PC for like 5 hours straight it was hot. It turned off in the middle of me playing and then wouldn't turn back on just went to a black screen no fan sounds or nothing. I tried turning it on again and got nothing so I turned it all off and then tried again and then saw a flash from the back of my PC. I opened the case and clicked the power button the fans move for like a second but nothing else happens. My motherboard has a green light on. I don't know what's wrong with it so please help me. I've had it since Christmas 2012.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Have you try contacting technical support? PCS might be able to diagnose the problem.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would give PCS a call,looks like an RMA might be required to sort things out.

Last edited:

JackC

Thanks for posting but I found the problem

image.jpg

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Ouch, it released the mystical blue smoke that powers all electronics.... Once it escapes no known what to put it back exists...

Probably looking at a new motherboard, are you still within warranty? if you didn't get one of the extended warranties then you wills till be covered for labour, just not shipping or parts. it may end up cheaper to source a motherboard locally.

PokerFace

Banned
if you didn't get one of the extended warranties then you wills till be covered for labour, just not shipping or parts.

Is there a longer manufacturer's warranty on motherboards, than the standard one year PCS warranty? I believe that's the case for some parts isn't it?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You would then have to go through the RMA process with the vendor though, maybe PCS could handle it but it would take a long time.

As far as im aware anyway.

JackC

It's not worth the hassle I just bought a new motherboard but it blew because of overheating and my case was bad for air flow and fan was bad for my CPU because it was just the basic amd stock cooler so I bought the Stryker case and the h100i so none of this will happen again

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It's not worth the hassle I just bought a new motherboard but it blew because of overheating and my case was bad for air flow and fan was bad for my CPU because it was just the basic amd stock cooler so I bought the Stryker case and the h100i so none of this will happen again

if you are under warranty you get those components replaced for free. when did you buy your computer?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
if you are under warranty you get those components replaced for free. when did you buy your computer?

Christmas 2012 according to his original post.

The machine would have to get really hot to make the motherboard fail, the stock cooler is ample for cooling the CPU, its just a bit loud.