PCI Card

Babble

Hi i bought a PCI-E from amazon and it doesnt fit into my computer. Are there diffrerent size cards, if so which one do i need? thanks

Babble

I have the smallest card but the only slot it will let me fit it in is directly above my graphics card and i cant seem to wedge it in :(

Babble

Its the 459mbs Wirelss N Dual Band PCI-E and i have a 4gb graphics card sitting right underneath the only slot it will fit in :(

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Its the 459mbs Wirelss N Dual Band PCI-E and i have a 4gb graphics card sitting right underneath the only slot it will fit in :(

If it doesn't fit in then you won't be able to use it. I don't know how thick the wireless card is but I was able to fit a soundcard on top of mine.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Sometimes the graphics card will cover another slot,if you have only 2 PCI-E slots and the second one is covered you may well be snookered.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Yeah that may be my only option right now
If you can't connect with wired ethernet,then it's either that or homeplugs,also available from PCS.
Homeplugs are basically a wired ethernet connection through your domestic wiring,plug one homeplug in to a wall socket next to your router then connect an ethernet cable from the homeplug to your router,plug the other homeplug to a wall socket next to your PC & connect an ethernet cable from that to your PC.Very useful if it's going to be problematic connecting directly with an ethernet cable.

Last edited:

Babble

ok i managed to install the card but when i go to install the driver its saying 'the driver cannot install on this platform' any ideas why its saying that?