PCS Build Times

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Like, building a pc takes like what, 2 hours from having all the parts? Not a week, what is it? Cpu to motherboard day one? Motherboard in case day 2? Hard drive installed day 3? Its pretty stupid in my opinion, too slow
Sadly you are not PCS's only customer and what's pretty stupid in my opinion is you thinking that you are.....

@SpyderTracks @Rakk @ubuysa well I'm not really impatient, because when I ordered the pc I asked PCS when it would be shipped on average and they said the 15th and yet it hasn't even started build yet, their build times are inaccurate.

@ubuysa shut ya mouth scrub, if their build times were accurate as followed I wouldn't have to complain, like the guy on page one who was told its being shipped one week, then changed to the next, then still waiting for it. and yeah obviously I know I'm not their only customer, well done you figured that out, want a medal?

@ubuysa the irony of using the word stupid ;)

I would suggest that you read the post I commented on, it's the first one here with my response following. It was you who first used the words 'Its pretty stupid in my opinion...' in my response I simply paraphrased you. Or is it ok for you to use the word stupid but not me?

The other two posts of yours that I have copied here are offensive and do not belong in a family friendly forum such as this.

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
I would suggest that you read the post I commented on, it's the first one here with my response following. It was you who first used the words 'Its pretty stupid in my opinion...' in my response I simply paraphrased you. Or is it ok for you to use the word stupid but not me?

The other two posts of yours that I have copied here are offensive and do not belong in a family friendly forum such as this.

the irony, your a moderator who works for PCS and you treat them by being all sarky? how mature for a moderator all over my opinion, grow some.

Jamesdore

the irony, your a moderator who works for PCS and you treat them by being all sarky? how mature for a moderator all over my opinion, grow some.

Irony it says in his bio that he does not work for PCS. You can be a moderator without needing to work for them

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

My being a volunteer moderator, and I don't work for PCS, is neither here nor there. As a forum user like yourself I am entitled to voice an opinion, provided that I do so without resorting to name calling nor rudeness, and provided my response falls within the forum rules. As I pointed out, my use of the word 'stupid' in my reply was as a parody of your rather unwise post (#10).

You will come across many situations in life where people will disagree with you, the true test of maturity is in how we deal with those situations.

Having made my point I will not comment further on this thread, although as a moderator I will of course monitor it to ensure that all posts fall within the rules of these fora.

Last edited:

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
My being a volunteer moderator, and I don't work for PCS, is neither here nor there. As a forum user like yourself I am entitled to voice an opinion, provided that I do so without resorting to name calling nor rudeness, and provided my response falls within the forum rules. As I pointed out, my use of the word 'stupid' in my reply was as a parody of your rather unwise post (#10).

You will come across many situations in life where people will disagree with you, the true test of maturity is in how we deal with those situations.

Having made my point I will not comment further on this thread, although as a moderator I will of course monitor it to ensure that all posts fall within the rules of these fora.

once again exactly, i voiced my opinion and you got all salty about it, once again irony. if you were required to work for PCS as a moderator, i tell you now, you wouldn't be one for sure.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Mr Sanderson.

Perhaps you should calm down and remember no one here works for PCS.

I actually retract my comment about being harsh.

Perhaps you should go an vent at PCS directly, rather than here.

Otherwise it's a case of calming down and playing nicely.

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
Mr Sanderson.

Perhaps you should calm down and remember no one here works for PCS.

I actually retract my comment about being harsh.

Perhaps you should go an vent at PCS directly, rather than here.

Otherwise it's a case of calming down and playing nicely.

me calming down? I give my opinion on this forum which I am entitled to and I get moaned at by a mardy ass moderator which I wont take, if my opinion is that there somewhat slow then that be it, no need to get all mardy over my opinion.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
A side note re: PCS's build times. The wait/build times are currently estimated at 14-16 working days, so ~3 weeks. Anyone coming across this thread considering an Intel system should bear in mind that Intel are due to release Coffee Lake in early October, which is expected to be similar in price to the current lineup, but with more cores.

So if you're ordering a system in the coming days, you could just hold off until Coffee Lake is out. You probably won't have got your system before then anyway.

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
A side note re: PCS's build times. The wait/build times are currently estimated at 14-16 working days, so ~3 weeks. Anyone coming across this thread considering an Intel system should bear in mind that Intel are due to release Coffee Lake in early October, which is expected to be similar in price to the current lineup, but with more cores.

So if you're ordering a system in the coming days, you could just hold off until Coffee Lake is out. You probably won't have got your system before then anyway.

hello, for the pc I need I'm not really looking for a upgrade as the configuration I have should be ok from what I have researched, the only worry I had was my power supply because I'm adding a dvd drive and a gigabyte gtx 1060 g1 6gb rev 2 card and apparently that card alone needs 400w and the power supply I have chosen is a 650w supply. considering the RAM and CPU is also being over clocked.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
The GPU won't need 400W. It could be that 400W is the recommended PSU for that card, but that recommendation is likely based on total system power consumption, with some headroom. i.e. that you need a 400W PSU for a computer that has a GTX 1060 G1 in it, rather than you need a 400W PSU just for the GPU.

The actual power consumption of the card would be around 130W under heavy gaming load, possibly with occasional peaks to 150-160W (EVGA list max power consumption of their 1060s as 150W so that sounds plausible to me)
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1060_g1_gaming_review,8.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-graphics-card-roundup,4724-6.html

The TXm 650W PSU should be more than enough. Nvidia's Pascal GPUs are relatively efficient.

I'd suggest posting questions about your spec in the original topic as that will keep all the advice and discussion together. Also it won't risk side-tracking this discussion about PCS's abnormally long wait times into a discuss on GPU power consumption. :)

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
me calming down? I give my opinion on this forum which I am entitled to and I get moaned at by a mardy ass moderator which I wont take, if my opinion is that there somewhat slow then that be it, no need to get all mardy over my opinion.

Actually I think the tone is what he was taking exception to.

You'll generally find you get far more out of people - especially volunteers - if you take a more placid approach.

I happen to think that PCS need to try and do something about their current lead times but no one on the forums here can make them do it.

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
The GPU won't need 400W. It could be that 400W is the recommended PSU for that card, but that recommendation is likely based on total system power consumption, with some headroom. i.e. that you need a 400W PSU for a computer that has a GTX 1060 G1 in it, rather than you need a 400W PSU just for the GPU.

The actual power consumption of the card would be around 130W under heavy gaming load, possibly with occasional peaks to 150-160W (EVGA list max power consumption of their 1060s as 150W so that sounds plausible to me)
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1060_g1_gaming_review,8.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-graphics-card-roundup,4724-6.html

The TXm 650W PSU should be more than enough. Nvidia's Pascal GPUs are relatively efficient.

I'd suggest posting questions about your spec in the original topic as that will keep all the advice and discussion together. Also it won't risk side-tracking this discussion about PCS's abnormally long wait times into a discuss on GPU power consumption. :)

yeah I know I went off track but I was just saying I didn't really need the newer cpu, thanks anyway

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
Actually I think the tone is what he was taking exception to.

You'll generally find you get far more out of people - especially volunteers - if you take a more placid approach.

I happen to think that PCS need to try and do something about their current lead times but no one on the forums here can make them do it.

yeah I was only giving my opinion, he came on all sarky which I'm not having

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakk

The Awesome
Guys, if you can't be pleasant to each other, you're just going to have to agree to disagree here about who was being too harsh and anything else that you don't agree on, for a start I'm getting tired of having edit out insults and *'d words! (swearing or using * to disguise swear words is not allowed in these forums)

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, my advice was for other people too :)

but if you were interested to know by build then here it is, bought a gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb g1 rev 2 from amazon separate for £290 on top of this pc price:

Case
GAME MAX FALCON BLACK GAMING CASE (RGB LED)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-7600K (3.8GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING: LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GB, WiFi - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU) (Purchased separate gigabyte gtx 1060 g1 6gb rev 2 from amazon UK)
1st Hard Disk
250GB Samsung 850 2.5" EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i V2 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
DVD Recovery Media
NO DVD RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Pricing Information

Price (excluding VAT)
£725.83
Price
£871.00

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
Guys, if you can't be pleasant to each other, you're just going to have to agree to disagree here about who was being too harsh and anything else that you don't agree on, for a start I'm getting tired of having edit out insults and *'d words! (swearing or using * to disguise swear words is not allowed in these forums)

I didn't use * for swear words, I was using them to prove a point, no swearing involved from me.