PCS Finance "options"?

MK93

Hi There,

I am looking to Purchase from you guys however the only Finance option is for 48 month? Are there no 6, 12, 24 month options at all? I much rather be able to pay it all back within next 6 to 12 months than 4 years...
Either that or buy now pay later (pay all of the money in one hit in X months).

If that was the case Id be ready buying it now.

Regards,
Karl

Rakk

The Awesome
I am looking to Purchase from you guys however the only Finance option is for 48 month? Are there no 6, 12, 24 month options at all? I much rather be able to pay it all back within next 6 to 12 months than 4 years...
Either that or buy now pay later (pay all of the money in one hit in X months).

There is only the 48month option, however you are allowed to pay it off early in the first year - and that would avoid the interest payments (there is a minimal admin fee for doing so, but its a lot cheaper than all the interest you'd pay)
So you could make upto 11 payments of whatever the monthly amount is, and then pay the rest off in one lump sum before the 12 months is up.

MK93

There is only the 48month option, however you are allowed to pay it off early in the first year - and that would avoid the interest payments (there is a minimal admin fee for doing so, but its a lot cheaper than all the interest you'd pay)
So you could make upto 11 payments of whatever the monthly amount is, and then pay the rest off in one lump sum before the 12 months is up.

That is great. I will most likely do that then. Do you know what the Admin charge is?

MK93

So let say I wanted to Finance for 11 months and pay on the 12th. I would finance for £1,300.

Would I be paying an interest rate fee each month for the 11 months I have the money financed for before applying any remaining fee?
£130 deposit + monthly fee + the final payment on the 12th month?

or

Deposit of £130, £39.74 per month total £437.14 on the 11th Month + £862.86 for the rest and £29 handling fee?

How is it exactly worked out? I just want to make sure I understand it in full before committing to this.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The information is on the website. If you put £1300 it will give you a breakdown of what you need to pay. you won't pay any interest if you clear the standing amount within the first 12 months. The deposit + monthly fee will be deducted from the initial £1300 and the only addition is the £29 administration fee

MK93

The information is on the website. If you put £1300 it will give you a breakdown of what you need to pay. you won't pay any interest if you clear the standing amount within the first 12 months. The deposit + monthly fee will be deducted from the initial £1300 and the only addition is the £29 administration fee

Ah great. I have read it last night, it was quite late so maybe I was overthinking it.

I have now ordered the Laptop on Finance. One last quick question.

It says "Finance Accepted". In the guideline below "My Orders" it says I need to send the Invoice over to "PayByFinance"? I have already signed the documents via e-sig, do I still need to send them by post?

MK93

Great thanks. I've ordered 2 days ago (filled out the Finance details).

How long does it usually take to get new updates on the build?

Finance Accepted
If your order status says Finance Accepted, this means that you have been accepted for your chosen finance agreement. You now need to post the finance agreement documents to PaybyFinance (from Hitachi Capital Plc)*. Once they receive the documents they will give us the go ahead to proceed with your order.

MK93

Mine was 11 days in pre production.

Ah fair enough, Il probably pay for the super fast delivery at £29

I still can't get my e-signature bit sorted. I can't even print it off to send it manually, it's coming up to the 5th day :/ Il have to phone PCS/Hitachi tomorrow, I rarely have these problems. We'll see tomorrow what either Hitachi or PCS says.

MK93

Update:

All sorted, Hitachi had a server error on my application.

Now for another matter.

Why is there no 970m 3GB option but only 6GB? It seems ridiculous to pack 6GB VRAM in a Laptop considering you will run out of GPU power way before hitting the VRAM threshold. Kind of ads extra unnecessary price to the order (I assume) :/

PS: Could a forum Admin change my username to "MK93 or Mister K" pretty please?
Edit: Thanks! :D

Last edited:

matbir

I went with the finance option too. I had to phone them myself. Same issue, server error. That was 24-11. FYI, I'm still in pre-production.

MK93

I went with the finance option too. I had to phone them myself. Same issue, server error. That was 24-11. FYI, I'm still in pre-production.

What GPU did you go with? I seen few posts with "pre-production", usually with the 980m systems. I am in the testing phase, hopefully it will be here by mid next week. Once it's in building stage, it seems to go fast to the next stage.

I had to phone them 3 times to get it resolved. Twice they sent me a new link which did nothing and on the third, a very kind lady sorted it out. My phone credit probably plummeted :D

Once I receive the Laptop il post out a nice little review.