PCS Pen Drive

Ash

I got my free 4GB Pen Drive from PCS for submitting a review today.
I transferred some college work to it, and now it won't work.

When I plug it into the PC, it takes a second to appear, and when it does, clicking on it causes the PC to crash. I've tried it in two PCs and the same happens.
I can not open the drive, view the properties, or anything.

What can I do?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would advise you dont plug it in again,
pretty sure PCS will send you a replacement.

Ash

Is there no way to format it or something as it worked perfectly well when I first plugged it in?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Pen drives can be iffy, sometimes they don't start showing faults until they're actually getting used.

I'll make sure a new one is winging it's way to you tomorrow!

Ash

Right I got my new drive today and it is doing the exact same. I put some files on it and it worked fine at first but when I put the rest of my work on it, it crashes. The free space bar underneath disappears in Computer and as soon as you try to click it, explorer.exe stops responding. Are these cheap drives or something as it also took ages for the files to copy across as well?

c-hri-s

Bronze Level Poster
Have you tried it in a different machine - or even a different USB port perhaps?
It would be very odd for two to be broken in the same way.

Ash

Well I've tried it in multiple ports and the same thing happens.
It worked until I attempted to give the drive it's own icon (like I do with all my pen drives) using an autorun.inf file.
I'm attempting to format it now using the command prompt but I doubt it'll work.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I'll give you a shout tomorrow, make sure there's nothing we're missing, sorry about this matey.

Ash

Still no luck lol
I sent PCS an email but they haven't replied yet.

Dunno what the problem is. Every other pen drive I use has worked perfectly fine.

cadence

Bronze Level Poster
Have you tried it in another PC/laptop, just to eliminate the possibility that it's your PC that has an issue.