PCS really need more water-cooling systems?..COMMENT WHAT YOU!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
just looked a little further into that fishtank pc and the person who owns it has kept it running solid for 3 years!!!!

Sleinous

Author Level
I dont like waterxooling, i go with the original, water and electronics do not mix, and this is why i go with air, if it was completely copper pipes then i might consider this, it will be much more reliable and less likely to burst, i will be keeping with my titan thank you

Picture23-1.jpg

I think you'll agree that my loop doesn't have all that much tubing in it, and the tubing I did use is also used for medical purposes. Infact most of my build is crammed full of bitspower fittings :) It's not even finished yet as I want teh CPU to be cooled first, then teh GPUs and I plan on adding one final GTX 560 Ti instead of that GT 440 down bottom + a 480mm rad.

If you do your WC properly there's probably as much chance of a leak (not burst) as there is a motor on a fan bursting into flames and igniting your entire PC ;)

just looked a little further into that fishtank pc and the person who owns it has kept it running solid for 3 years!!!!

Yeah I remember reading about another person who did a similar thing like this in CustomPC mag, the problematic part was stopping the oil from leaking out of teh case as it corroded most of the substances he tried to use to build the case haha.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
plonker why didnt he just use a fishtank? i bet he used perspex and it couldnt hold the pressure of the oil inside.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i dont think it was that harsh if you had a massive container of oil on your desk would you hold it in something you bodged together not that the majority of us would have a massive container of oil anywhere in our houses apart from the deep fat fryer or possibly a radiator.

Rakk

The Awesome
i dont think it was that harsh if you had a massive container of oil on your desk would you hold it in something you bodged together
Yeah but since you don't know what he was using as a case, you have no idea whether he bodged it together or not :).

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Yeah I remember reading about another person who did a similar thing like this in CustomPC mag, the problematic part was stopping the oil from leaking out of teh case as it corroded most of the substances he tried to use to build the case haha.

think that means he did try to build the case himself and concidering it failed id call it a bodge

UndeadJack

Master Poster
We were actually talking about a case that Sleinous mentioned a friend had been dealing with, not the pictured build earlier.

Ah.. It seems a bit tricky though... How would you upgrade that setup as it would be super sticky?