PCS Review

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Hi guys,

Now the unboxing is done and the tears of joy have been wiped away, I thought I would do a quite write up, or review if you will, of the PC and the PCS experience.

The thread about getting the PC is here, with pics and the like, but I thought a separate bit about actually using it would be better than tagging it on to the end of the existing one.

I couldn't be happier with my new rig! She sits right next to me on my desk and she whirs away nicely; I can hear it with no other sound, but it wouldn't drown out a phone call or a film at all. You can't really predict how much fast a new PC will be than you old one, but blimey!

Being a gaming rig, obviously I want my games to run as fast as they can, whilst looking pretty (people that want challenging games are all liers! Deep down they know they just want it to look pretty! :whistling: ) This is achieved and then some. Games load a lot quicker than they used to. Sure, some of the speed is down to broadband speed for online games, but if the PC is up to the challenge, at least its ONLY the net speed that comes into play.

From a rather specific standpoint, I can now play Civ5 without it freezing and crashing every 2 turns after 500 turns with a full world and lots going on (not only a problem for me, but everyone that didnt have a spanking upto date PC it seemed when researching it). I am infact currently playing a game I started in October and never got to finish! So that's nice.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a great game, and I can now play it without my cape swishing slowly around me and everything taking juuuuuuust a split second to happen. It was very much playable on my old PC, and I completed ACII using it, but now...well now I can run through and over the streets of Rome with stunning graphics AND have my cape swish at the right speed!

Ok, you get it...Its a great PC that runs current stuff really well.

Aside from games, I am just getting to grips with Windows7...Vista on the old one, XP everywhere at work...for now. Again, similarly to the games, everything just seems to work faster. This, I suspect is a combination of "better PC" and "clearer/cleaner PC". The old one was rather full on the HDD front and probably wasn't taken care of quite as well as I intended to.

Its been less than a week, so cant comment on everything the PC has to offer, but thus far, I am well chuffed with the hardware I have forked out for (not the best, but certainly above average).

PCS then. Anyone reading this wall of text that is new to the forums, I would say just this. If you are looking for a new PC that is top spec or low spec, for a good price, and with a team of guys (and I swear there must be at least one girl - EU regs?) that actually seem to care about YOUR PC, then browse the main site, chat on the forums, and then buy one! Because I cannot see where you'd get better service, either for the same money, or even substantially more (you know who you are, bad [removed]!).

Now, I haven't had a problem yet (touch wood...crap, wood! Why is there no wood around here?! Oh, desk is wood...duh!) so cant comment on that end of it, but from getting involved on the forums (read: Spamming useless nonesense while the Mods and Bods actually help people) I can see a culture of compitent helpfulness, coupled with good natured discussion on all matters PC.

tl:dr My PC and PCS are both...just...great!

Price - 9 (to get 10 it would have to have been free!)
Quality - 10
Ease of Use - 10 (Why cant all configurators be like that?)
Support Structure - 10
Service - Only 9 (...because Alienware gave me a free T-Shirt last time...hmm, or maybe that's why it cost so much more...PCS T-shirts! There's one for you Gorman, sort it out!)

:ban:

Overall - 10 (I rounded up!) :clap:

Cheers

DED

pez

Yeah, good review DED :)

Now, as you pointed out (all eyes on Gorman) - Where's the PCS T-Shirts....hmm ..hmmm