Peripherals Recommendations

bigben

Master Poster
If I was going to the extreme I would also look at the Ducky Shine II's

I'm really, really tempted by one of those (my MS Sidewinder red lights clash with my headset..) but can't decide what switch type to get - None of my local PC worlds seem to have anything setup for PC gamers, I don't get it. They have all of these naff £20 keyboard set up for you to try but all of their £120 keyboards and headsets and stuff are stuck in boxes.
Might just take the plunge on the red switches. :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I'm really, really tempted by one of those (my MS Sidewinder red lights clash with my headset..) but can't decide what switch type to get - None of my local PC worlds seem to have anything setup for PC gamers, I don't get it. They have all of these naff £20 keyboard set up for you to try but all of their £120 keyboards and headsets and stuff are stuck in boxes.
Might just take the plunge on the red switches. :)

[video=youtube;wvhMYH_n_oU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhMYH_n_oU[/video]

The video that almost pushed me into a Ducky. I needed a wrist rest though so the Aivia Osmium was the way to go :(

And yea I'd never seen a PC world with a gaming stand until I luckily went into my local one one night and it was just there, at the front of the shop... They normally don't have reds in PC world anyway so worth taking the plunge :)

bigben

Master Poster
I bit the bullet, and bought the Shine 2 cherry red with blue leds, it's coming Monday :)
I really ought to stop coming on these forums, I always see other peoples threads and decide to spend a fortune on new bits when actually I'm happy with what I already have.. eg. 2 x 120hz 3d monitors, 2nd Gtx 670, expensive headset, mechanical keyboard...

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I really ought to stop coming on these forums, I always see other peoples threads and decide to spend a fortune on new bits when actually I'm happy with what I already have.. eg. 2 x 120hz 3d monitors, 2nd Gtx 670, expensive headset, mechanical keyboard...

lol, thats why i try and not look in the pc gamers thread...

wait... you only have two 120hz monitors? three would be better ;)

bigben

Master Poster
to be fair my rig wouldn't handle 3d surround gaming at 120hz... Struggles on games like Tomb Raider in 2d - well I say struggles, doesn't get a consistent 120hz

bigben

Master Poster
My keyboard arrived :)
It's awesome, so nice, don't see what people's issue with typing on the red switches is. Still at work but when I get home I will try gaming on it (and take a photo of it in all it's backlit glory)

bigben

Master Poster
My keyboard :)

Putting the focus elsewhere was the only way I could give an accurate image of the colour.

For shooting people

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Write my name (THIS SHOULD BE IN CAPS BUT THEY DON'T WORK FOR SOME REASON)

Edit: Playing with size is fun, that'll do.