Poor gaming performance 7970

steaky360

How certain are you that its a hardware issue (excluding the recent 'not turning on issue') I would think thats why PCS want to try and RMA to ensure its not hardware (which they can fix/have control over) as opposed to software/driver issues (which I guess they don't?)?

SlickShoes

How certain are you that its a hardware issue (excluding the recent 'not turning on issue') I would think thats why PCS want to try and RMA to ensure its not hardware (which they can fix/have control over) as opposed to software/driver issues (which I guess they don't?)?

First time they replaced the GPU, then they replaced the motherboard and GPU, then they replaced the entire machine, and now its on its way back for 4th RMA.

There is no question there is a hardware fault in amongst all of that. If this was a software issue then replacing the GPU 3 times and motherboard twice wouldn't have been necessary.

Granted this latest problem is completely different from the past problems, but to say one day the machines works perfectly on the test bench then receive it the next and it doesn't even boot is beyond a joke.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Sorry but if they have replaced all that hardware and the issue is still there i would, myself, start to think that it was a software issue.

Have you tried the new drivers that came out yesterday the AMD CATALYST™ 13.4 WHQL DRIVER and the AMD CATALYST™ 13.5 BETA DRIVER

http://blogs.amd.com/play/2013/04/24/new-134-135-catalyst-drivers/

I can get the same problem with the textures on Guildwars 2 if i use in Guldwars 2 AA but if i change it to ATI AA then the problem goes away for me.

SlickShoes

Sorry but if they have replaced all that hardware and the issue is still there i would, myself, start to think that it was a software issue.

Have you tried the new drivers that came out yesterday the AMD CATALYST™ 13.4 WHQL DRIVER and the AMD CATALYST™ 13.5 BETA DRIVER

http://blogs.amd.com/play/2013/04/24/new-134-135-catalyst-drivers/

I can get the same problem with the textures on Guildwars 2 if i use in Guldwars 2 AA but if i change it to ATI AA then the problem goes away for me.

Like I already said, after they rebuilt the machine and sent it out it doesn't even boot so there is no way to even test if the machine works better or not regardless of what drivers are available, hence why it is back for a fourth RMA.

When he was having GPU problems I was getting better performance than he was with my 7950, that shouldn't happen.

SlickShoes

Just received the PC back again and the PSU is not fitted correctly, it moves around and is not flush with the back of the case. Can't wait to see what happens when we try to turn it on!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Just received the PC back again and the PSU is not fitted correctly, it moves around and is not flush with the back of the case. Can't wait to see what happens when we try to turn it on!
Have you made sure the mounting screws at the back holding the PSU haven't come loose in transit.

steaky360

I would ensure you've screwed it in correctly before turning it back on - seems like a pretty major oversight if its not been put back in correctly!

Vanthus' suggestion of it coming loose in transit is more likely though I'd say, its a difficult thing to forget to do when rebuilding a system :)

SlickShoes

It's been screwed in but at a weird angle and part of the case is bent by the way the screw has been been forced in it seems, it turned on anyway which is a bonus, just going through setup now.

SlickShoes

Well the PC has the same problems as at the beginning again, horrible wifi performance and USB ports not working, with games stuttering and producing artifacts, back it goes AGAIN.