Power supply lead

Razer

Hi,

PCS sent the wrong power supply lead. I was wondering if it would affect the computer if I just put a TV power supply in the back? Does it matter?

Thanks

sanj

I would request the right cable via a quick call to our call centre and not plug the TV power supply one in,they will be able to get the right one sent out to you.

PokerFace

Banned
I would request the right cable via a quick call to our call centre and not plug the TV power supply one in,they will be able to get the right one sent out to you.

Damn, I was going to say that when I read OP's post just after 1pm, but as I've been off work this week, I thought it was Saturday today and you would be closed by 1pm :embarrassed:

Razer, give PCS a ring as Sanj said. They are open until 5pm (just noticed the extended opening hours).

P.S. Sanj (or anyone who knows) out of interest, what is the answer to "can I use a tv power cable on my pc?" Is it possible, or would/could it cause damage or just not work?

mishra

Rising Star
Do you refer to normal power "kettle" lead ? I am not aware of different power leads to be honest. Can you upload a picture so we can see?

sanj

kettle.jpg
Damn, I was going to say that when I read OP's post just after 1pm, but as I've been off work this week, I thought it was Saturday today and you would be closed by 1pm :embarrassed:

Razer, give PCS a ring as Sanj said. They are open until 5pm (just noticed the extended opening hours).

P.S. Sanj (or anyone who knows) out of interest, what is the answer to "can I use a tv power cable on my pc?" Is it possible, or would/could it cause damage or just not work?

Hi,if the TV power lead is the same type(kettle lead)it won't be a problem,and it would work fine as it's the same fitting.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yes i'll just 2nd that. It will be the same thing, they sell em in loads of shops. All it does is connect the wall to the box where the magic happens. I would just pop in the Tv power lead myself, and I have done it in the past.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Only thing to watch out for is the plug top fuse,these can vary on "kettle leads",worse thing that could happen though is the fuse would blow if rated too low for whatever your using it for.

PokerFace

Banned
View attachment 5312

Hi,if the TV power lead is the same type(kettle lead)it won't be a problem,and it would work fine as it's the same fitting.

Yes i'll just 2nd that. It will be the same thing, they sell em in loads of shops. All it does is connect the wall to the box where the magic happens. I would just pop in the Tv power lead myself, and I have done it in the past.

Only thing to watch out for is the plug top fuse,these can vary on "kettle leads",worse thing that could happen though is the fuse would blow if rated too low for whatever your using it for.

Thanks guys :)