Power Supply Unit Issue.

VaD3rTM

Hi there, I've only today got my new Desktop and within an hour of it being turned on it just shuts off with no warning, noises etc and won't turn back on at all. I'm not completely computer savvy but since everything seems fine inside and the only issue is it won't turn on I'm guessing its a PSU issue. I've used different sockets, different cables and no results at all. The tower wasn't modified in anyway and was working perfectly until it suddenly shut off. If anyone has any advise, anything I may not have done to cause this or how I can fix it I'd really appreciate some help. Specs are posted below, Thanks. :)

Specs:
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2700k Quad Core (3.50GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® SABERTOOTH P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR!
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD20EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB
Memory - 2nd Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD20EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ SE
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

VaD3rTM

Yeah I figured it may have to be a call job, I've heard the PCU can be the most difficult part of a PC and no lights on the mobo, things completely dead yet only hours ago it was working fine. Strange since my friends had many PSU's go and they all smoke and let you know they're dead, mine didn't make a sound.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
if you get no lights on the mobo at all, it does sound like a psu issue or maybe a mobo issue.

Can you hear/see if the psu fan starts to spin, or just nothing? if nothing really does sound like a psu issue.

VaD3rTM

Absolutely nothing starts at all, I put the power cable in and when I press the power button nothing happens whatsoever, no fans, lights or anything and nothing physically changed in the hour it was on to when it suddenly went off so whatever happened must have been a purely internal issue but I'd put my money on the PSU.

VaD3rTM

Yeah that was one of my first thoughts but the same cable works fine in the same socket with my old computer which I'm currently using, also tried it in other plug sockets around the house with no joy even another power cable but nothing. The cable and plug itself seem to be fine, I did wonder if the PSU had fried but the socket on the cable wasn't hot or singed at all.

VaD3rTM

Thanks for the advise there but I'm not quite brave enough to attempt that, probably end up breaking something or electrocuting myself :)

VaD3rTM

Yes I do sorry that was my fault for not clarifying, I've tried another power cable (Wall Plug to PSU) with no luck but both such power cables work with my old computer so I know its not a power cable issue.