PowerDVD Problems

Hey all,

so I just got a new vertex III with a blu ray drive and powerdvd. Whenever I try to play a blu ray, I get some error message saying that the integrity of powerdvd is under threat, and the disc does not play at all.

I have searched online to try to find a solution but couldn't get anywhere...

Any ideas?
Cheers

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try uninstalling the Power DVD software,then reinstall from the disc provided.

Last edited:

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Hey all,

so I just got a new vertex III with a blu ray drive and powerdvd. Whenever I try to play a blu ray, I get some error message saying that the integrity of powerdvd is under threat, and the disc does not play at all.

I have searched online to try to find a solution but couldn't get anywhere...

Any ideas?
Cheers

Hi, sorry I was getting round to posting this, I had the same issue, PowerDVD 10 doesn't work for blu rays in windows 8. After sending PCS a message, they said they know, and they are going to send me a copy of PowerDVD 12 when they are in stock....I don't mind but it would have been nice to know beforehand, thats 2-3 hours of messing about testing/researching that I'm not going to get back!!!!

I'd suggest you ring/inbox them to confirm you have one on the way (eventually).

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Meant to add, I haven't tried it yet, but PCS told me to download the 1 month free trial of PowerDvd 12 in the meantime.