Pre Built PC's.

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
Basically, my dad wants to buy my mum a new computer, so i was looking at the prebuilt PC's PCS offer. When ordering one of these, do you have to order it with windows? I can't see a option to remove it :/

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think the idea behind a Pre-Built is its ready to go, on the shelf. If you wanted to get a pre-built without windows, you are best giving PCS a call to see if they have any that haven't had the OS put on yet.

Though if an Admin is around, they may be able to give you an official answer on that one :)

onlynik

Enthusiast
I ordered my Vortex II with no OS as I have a MAPS subscription, but when it arrived there was a Windows 7 Home Edition (Premium I think) on it. So it was promptly wiped. I fear any machien you get will have Windows installed.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
When you use the configurtron you can remove the OS. PCS still install 7 to test things, but then wipe it for you if requested.

As this is about Pre-builds, not sure the same rules apply, but would need an answer from PCS to confirm :)

Meds

As DeadEye mentioned above, the Pre-build PCs have already been built, had the OS installed and have been through our burn-in & stress tests so it would be difficult to remove the OS. However, I can't rule out the possibility of being able to remove it though, so give our Sales Team a call on 0844 499 4000 and they'll be able to give you a definite answer.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Any particular reason you wuldnt want the OS? I could understand if your a programmer etc and you need for example red hat installed, or you need a specific windows server 2008 installed rather than any the come as standard, but if its for your mum then surely coming with the OS is a better option?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I am assuming jack already has a copy of Windows he wants to use? Thanks for clarifying Meds, I knew I had the right end of the stick somewhere :)