Pre-Production...

Bhuna50

Author Level
Thankyou. Roughly how many days from start to finish in building, did you experience

LOL Long story sorry:

My laptop was built and into testing in a day...

Failed testing... new motherboard

into testing for another day...

Stayed in testing and was experiencing the same fails as the first testing, but I was kept up to date on why (they had to go back to manufacturer to discuss a potential new chipset as there appeared to be an issue with the compatability of CPU / motherboard because a slight change had been made somewhere (or something like that).

Whilst it was in that period of testing, I changed from Intel to AMD

Built in about 2 hours,

tested and dispatched with 24 hours..

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Once into building everything tends to steam roll on from there. They don't mess about.
I agree, mine went into building on monday, tested and QC and ready for dispatch all on the same day. Picked up my DPD Tuesday. I received it Wed.

I was really impressed with this, but worried to as I thought testing would take longer. -- However I have NO GPU with mine, so not sure how much of a difference that would be ;)

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Sounds good guys thanks for the replies! This will be my first PC so that’s why I have a lot of questions :/

Never be worried about asking too many questions... remember, if you don't ask you don't get.

Check my desktop build thread, as an example. I've made so many changes and asked a lot of questions and still only got it to the way I wanted the system to be setup as of a couple of days ago. Without asking questions I'd have got a system that I was still happy with, but I would have been sadly ignorant to the fact that for "about" the same money the system could have been much, much better.

Donnie_Brasco

Case
THERMALTAKE V200 2.0 TEMPERED GLASS RGB EDITION GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5600 XT - HDMI, DP, DX® 12
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W CV SERIES™ CV-650 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
LED Lighting
50cm UV LED Strip
Extra Case Fans
1x 120mm Thermaltake TOUGHFAN 12 Case Fan
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Surge Protection
6 Socket 2m Surge Protector
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I was very tempted by the 6GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5600 XT; good looking system though mate.

Will you be shoving up some pics on the forum once it turns up?

Donnie_Brasco

I was very tempted by the 6GB AMD RADEON™ RX 5600 XT; good looking system though mate.

Will you be shoving up some pics on the forum once it turns up?
Yeah I’ll send a few pics when it’s arrived for sure. Originally I was planning on getting the rtx 2060. After watching hundreds of videos I ended up taking the rival

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Yeah I’ll send a few pics when it’s arrived for sure. Originally I was planning on getting the rtx 2060. After watching hundreds of videos I ended up taking the rival

How so? I went for the RTX 2060 and I was impressed by the numbers it could kick out - especially with decent RAM and CPU combined.

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Ah got you. Yes, fair enough then. More glad to know I wasn't missing out something I should have known otherwise.

Looking forward to seeing the pics though, I was due to go for the same case as you, but went another route.