Problems with PC startup/shutdown.

artas3d

Heya.

I've had this problem for over a month now. Whenever I shutdown the pc it switches off the screen but then stayes idle,turned on. leading to me forcibly turning it off by holding the power button. This happens pretty much every single shutdown. When it comes to startup, it takes me to a screen with 2 options, 1. windows did not start correctly(takes me to the system repair screen) 2. start windows normally. When i chose option 1, it sometimes leads to system restore which I do but it doesnt change anything, on the startup I get the same messages, sometimes the system restore doesnt pop-up even and I get a message that the system could not be repaired,and shuts down. The only way for me to get into windows is to chose option 2. but this again gets me stuck on the Windows Starting window with the logo, and I would say it takes me about 20 restarts to get past that eventually which is extremally frustrating. Also I received a 'Solve PC issue' message on every startup that was successful. The screen shot will show you that there is over 30 of these messages WTF..jpg :( cant be solved using that software-messages about graphics card came even before the problems with startup/shutdown. My drivers were all updated, and always had the Beep sound on pc startup.

So I decided to use Repair Install using the win7 dvd I was provided ,this went smoothly and so far Ive only got stuck on the startup screen once(guess its not totally fixed). The problem that I've now encountered is that I get 2 messages(check screenshots) I've never seen these message before,and also the WEI doesnt allow me to re-calculate it after the rapair install. all shown in screenshots.Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

Also, the startup now takes ages.

Will be waiting for replys patiently.

Regards,
Rob

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
Me personally i would back up my data and do a clean install of windows, but you may want to wait and see what anybody else replys with first incase they can find a solution.