ps/2 port

blackhawk

hi just got my new comp today the motherboard has only one ps/2 port for both keyboard and mouse is there a Y cable to connects them both too if so could you tell me the make as i have read not all y cables work

steaky360

hi just got my new comp today the motherboard has only one ps/2 port for both keyboard and mouse is there a Y cable to connects them both too if so could you tell me the make as i have read not all y cables work

Unless you have a really old keyboard / mouse I'd imagine at least one of them will be USB so you need not worry.

However : http://www.maplin.co.uk/ps-2-notebook-splitter-97882 (I imagine there will be cheaper ones out there!)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I use a Y ps2 to usb adaptor to try and fix computers that have lost usb capability,it works no problem on any computer I've tried,so any ps2 to ps2 y adaptor should work.unfortunately the y adaptor I have has no make stamped on it and I can't remember where I got it from.Having said that maybe you should consider getting a USB mouse and keyboard,ps2 is really old technology.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think if you bought a new keyboard/mouse both would certainly use USB connections, like vanthus says the ps2 is pretty old tech.