PS5 and XBox Series X

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Was considering getting the Series X when Forza Motorsport releases (last rumour was maybe February) and getting a 4k TV to go with it....and then I looked at prices :eek: Seems that 40-43" 4k 144Hz HDMI 2.1 TVs are very much a niche area given that only ones I could find were £1500+....all the rest are 55-65" which are too big. Looks like my dreams have been destroyed :cry:
Have you looked at the 48" LG OLED CX? It is 1499 currently but maybe it will come down in price soon, I got the 55" version for £1299

ProEnigma

Bronze Level Poster
Was considering getting the Series X when Forza Motorsport releases (last rumour was maybe February) and getting a 4k TV to go with it....and then I looked at prices :eek: Seems that 40-43" 4k 144Hz HDMI 2.1 TVs are very much a niche area given that only ones I could find were £1500+....all the rest are 55-65" which are too big. Looks like my dreams have been destroyed :cry:
WAIT... there is a new Forza MS coming out soon? don't play me like this, PLEASE for the love of god let this be true (PC ofc)

Imma not lie, im doing a little dance RN lol

(The Forza Motorsport 8 release date is set for February 2021, according to a recent leak. This is due to COVID-19 causing an effect on development time. The game will NOT be a launch title)

Edit: added rumour

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Having completely ruled out a 48" 4k TV due to space, turns out the "actual" size of the TV is a lot less (who would imagine that a 48" diagonal TV would be less than 48" in width? :rolleyes: My Mum, who I discussing it with, asked me what my middle name was and I replied "moron" :ROFLMAO:)

So, I have now realised that I can have a 48" TV for when I get the new Xbox (especially as I also realised that the Xbox will be a lot smaller than I expected....hadn't actually bothered to check it's dimensions, just assumed it would be big!). The LG CX does look like a good choice...went searching earlier and found 2 on different sites...different model numbers but seemingly the same TV :unsure: Confused doesn't even begin to cover it....I consider myself decent enough to decide things but that had me perplexed given they were the same price.
I have a 55 inch LG CX. Its a brilliant TV.

The difference in model number, I'm 99% sure its just what colour stand you get.

Even the 55 inch doesn't take up that much room.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
As far as I can tell, the stand is the same colour (silver) in both....unless one site is using the wrong stock pictures.

As much as I'd like a 55 inch TV, that would definitely be a step too far....whilst I do have a very big desk (160cm long), not only will the TV sit on it but also a 32 inch computer monitor and 2 rather large Technics speakers...as it is, a 48" TV will likely overhang slightly. Luckily, because of where I sit the TV will be on the desk diagonally, hence why I can manage up to 48"
What were the model numbers?

I found this on a TV forum.

I would guess its the same for the 48 inch too if its the last number and 2 letters

Does anyone know the difference between the 55CX6LA and the 55CX5LB??? I’ve just ordered the 55CX5LB and just wondering if there is a difference?
Stand colour, your's is silver stand, I have the 5LB also:)

6LA has a darker stand.

Might also be factory production location as well, unsure. But specs are the same, just minor cosmetic differences.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The PS5 reminds of me of Carling beer pumps. Ever since I first saw one, I can't unsee it.

EaQvByMXsAEKstg.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I've just watched a gameplay video of Demon's Souls on the PS5. It's stunning! It's apparently not ray-traced but those reflections look gooooood!

D

Deleted member 103489

I got text message from very this morning to secure ps5 disc version.

Text says

Just for you: we have limited stock of the PS5 going live NOW! Use your special link to buy a PS5 >> ........ We cannot guarantee stock so be quick! Opt out text STOP to 66645

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Mine is just about to arrive, next stop for DPD. Couldnt get one for my mate this morning, even when I had one in the basket at John Lewis, i clicked on basket, basket is empty, click back to try again, you cant add this item as you already have one in the basket, no i havent its empty.
:LOL:
I gave up.

Going for a grand on ebay, shouldnt be allowed really.

D

Deleted member 103489

Yeah I have noticed the insane prices of these on eBay and theirs bids between 700/800 on these to :-o

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I had early access to both the XB and the PS5 but I have no interest in scalping a few quid whatsoever. If people close to me wanted one badly enough I would have got them one, as long as it was for their own use or for a gift.

It's a shame as genuine customers will be missing out or have to pay over the odds. Opportunism will always exist though so we just need to make peace with it.

The thing that I find funny about it is the rage on FB. Mums n Dads going off their rockers because of people doing this. They're only outraged because it affects them, my guess is Karen on FB doing her nut about the PS5 is the same Karen that punted her Take That tickets for £50 extra because she could. If people were more objective and fair with a wider view I would absolutely sympathise. People only seem to get outraged about things that affect them directly when they affect them directly, rather than a broader sense of injustice. Laughable.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I had early access to both the XB and the PS5 but I have no interest in scalping a few quid whatsoever. If people close to me wanted one badly enough I would have got them one, as long as it was for their own use or for a gift.

It's a shame as genuine customers will be missing out or have to pay over the odds. Opportunism will always exist though so we just need to make peace with it.

The thing that I find funny about it is the rage on FB. Mums n Dads going off their rockers because of people doing this. They're only outraged because it affects them, my guess is Karen on FB doing her nut about the PS5 is the same Karen that punted her Take That tickets for £50 extra because she could. If people were more objective and fair with a wider view I would absolutely sympathise. People only seem to get outraged about things that affect them directly when they affect them directly, rather than a broader sense of injustice. Laughable.
I love the fact that video gaming has gone truly mainstream, as it means you can find just about any game idea out there now. In the past, game developers would pretty much only make video games that would appeal to publishers, who were looking for games that would sell by the bucketload. Now you have a situation where there's a fairly healthy indie scene in gaming alongside the AAA and AA publishers, so there's more scope for games that won't have mass appeal, but will definitely have their own markets. Personally I love that, for example, point & click adventure games are still out there doing their thing, 20 years after their time as a mainstream genre.

The major downside to gaming going mainstream is that gaming hardware is among THE must-have gifts for Christmas this year. And that's always going to lead to scalping...