Query re Order Process

YogiC75

Hi,

I've been reading the info re the different stages of an order, and also looked at the flow charts, but im unsure on what the 'Production time' element actually represents, is this a projection of the 'in build' time? Or does it mean how long has gone by already?

I know PCS are really busy, and I've no problem with that whatsoever, I was just unsure of what the 'Production time' section actually means to me :)

Ps im still in at the pre-production stage if that helps.

(Sorry if this seems a dumb question 🙈)

Thank you
Claire

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
If you're looking at the production time on the order details page, it's just how long has passed since you ordered (in working days) and thats all it is.
Once the order is dispatched that number will show how long it took from ordering to dispatch.

Pre-production is in effect the queue to get into build, and is the longest stage - especially with a variety of stock issues at the mo :( With current stock problems it will be very dependent on what you've ordered (this isn't normally the case) I'm afraid. ie. if you have a 30-series GPU in the order, it'll be a hefty wait :(

YogiC75

If you're looking at the production time on the order details page, it's just how long has passed since you ordered (in working days) and thats all it is.

Yes it is, thank you, at least I know now.
Once the order is dispatched that number will show how long it took from ordering to dispatch.

Pre-production is in effect the queue to get into build, and is the longest stage - especially with a variety of stock issues at the mo :( With current stock problems it will be very dependent on what you've ordered (this isn't normally the case) I'm afraid. ie. if you have a 30-series GPU in the order, it'll be a hefty wait :(
Urgh yes, I have an Elimina 17.3 on or with an RTX 3060, and to make things worse the screen on my old laptop broke last week and went in for repair... fingers crossed it get fixed soon if I'm in for a long wait on my new toy.

Thanks for your reply 😊

Stephen M

Author Level
With current situation waits are long, once it goes out of pre production it will be very quick, building and testing usually only a couple of days unless something crops up in testing. In most cases if a machine went into build by Tuesday you would get it for the weekend.

YogiC75

With current situation waits are long, once it goes out of pre production it will be very quick, building and testing usually only a couple of days unless something crops up in testing. In most cases if a machine went into build by Tuesday you would get it for the weekend.
Oh my goodness, I think you've brought me good luck, my status has just now changed to In building !! That was actually rather quick as I only placed the order last week...

FerrariVie

Super Star
I hope so too, so excited 😁
When it arrives, please share your firestrike benchmark on the below thread:

It might help people to make their decision when choosing for a laptop ;) (And I'm also curious :ROFLMAO: )

Macco26

Expert
I think the scarcity might affect mostly the Desktop PC. For the Laptops with RTX30 there is a clearly pre-order date "shipping date" which seems to mean basically when they get their stock INTO PCS. This info was on the product page at the moment you made the order. So if for your Elimina it was like 1-2 Feb, it's actually time they got it and, since it's merely a laptop, build time is pretty fast: just install NVMe, RAM, testing and that's all.
You might be one of the first to get a RTX 30 series laptop here in the forums. Make a review as soon as it comes.

PS: I have preordered a Ionico 17, but its shipping time is 15th Feb, so several more days to go. ;)

YogiC75

When it arrives, please share your firestrike benchmark on the below thread:

I've never ran a benchmark thingie before, so I'll give it a go as per your instructions on the thread, hopefully I'll manage it 😉 (you may need to help me if I get stuck though..)
It might help people to make their decision when choosing for a laptop ;) (And I'm also curious :ROFLMAO: )
Hey no problem !

YogiC75

I think the scarcity might affect mostly the Desktop PC. For the Laptops with RTX30 there is a clearly pre-order date "shipping date" which seems to mean basically when they get their stock INTO PCS. This info was on the product page at the moment you made the order. So if for your Elimina it was like 1-2 Feb, it's actually time they got it and, since it's merely a laptop, build time is pretty fast: just install NVMe, RAM, testing and that's all.

Yep, it quoted 2nd Feb
You might be one of the first to get a RTX 30 series laptop here in the forums. Make a review as soon as it comes.
I'll do my best, as I'm not that technical 🙈
PS: I have preordered a Ionico 17, but its shipping time is 15th Feb, so several more days to go.
Ooh fabulous, fingers crossed it arrives soon for you, I cant wait to get my hands on mine !

Macco26

Expert
So you are one of the first with RTX 3060 delivered. Probably the first in the forum! Good! It's a Clevo AFAIK. And it's now Out of stock in PCS co.uk and, weird enough, in other sub sites, like the PCS .it, it does not show off at all, atm. Previously it did.

You know what? This specific model is very well looked at by the Chinese crypyo miners, as it seems pretty cheap yet capable at cryptomining Ethereum.
Look at all those piled ones. AFAIK it's yours! :p
Elimina mining machine in a videocardz article of today.

So you were faster than the Chinese miners company. I don't know how many will come in EU in the following weeks. Very limited quantity..
Enjoy it!

YogiC75

So you are one of the first with RTX 3060 delivered. Probably the first in the forum! Good! It's a Clevo AFAIK. And it's now Out of stock in PCS co.uk and, weird enough, in other sub sites, like the PCS .it, it does not show off at all, atm. Previously it did.

You know what? This specific model is very well looked at by the Chinese crypyo miners, as it seems pretty cheap yet capable at cryptomining Ethereum.
Look at all those piled ones. AFAIK it's yours! :p
Elimina mining machine in a videocardz article of today.

So you were faster than the Chinese miners company. I don't know how many will come in EU in the following weeks. Very limited quantity..
Enjoy it!
Oh my goodness, i have never even heard of Ethereum, never mind understanding crypto mining fully :ROFLMAO:

I think I shall just be happy that i managed to grab one, and that I can play Quake Champions decently for a change :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Although I am looking for a new career working from home 🤔...., Maybe that is exactly what I should do !)

FerrariVie

Super Star
And it's now Out of stock in PCS co.uk and, weird enough, in other sub sites, like the PCS .it, it does not show off at all, atm. Previously it did.
No, it's not. The TongFang Elimina Pro is indeed going to be available in March, but the Clevo Elimina (who chooses those names?) is available with 9 to 11 working days delivery.

Macco26

Expert
I meant the 17 size sorry if I wasn't any more precise: 2nd March right now on co.uk
1612652046216.png

For the Italian site it's not even shown any more.